Can anyone see that "star" near the moon right now?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 8, 2003
KrypticFlowz said:
How long have you been listening? Ive learned more from that show than in all of highschool. Is he still following the mysterious deaths of bio physicists and chemists across the world?
yah he is.. last i heard it was the physicists and chemists who were apparently working on a bio warfare thru a government funded project....or something too that extent...i listen scince its the only real intresting show on the radio that plays during the graveyard shift.

Mar 2, 2004
i listen to that radio station. one time they were talking about a star wars that is going on right now. bad aliens vs good aliens fighting eachother lol. the bad aliens want to kill us and take over our planet and the good aliens want to be our friend. some weird ass shit on there all the time.

Apr 26, 2002
its funny cuz i jus pointed that shit out to my girl the other night. i'm across tha map from most uv u guys and i can c it. all i kno is stars twinkle and planets dont. cuz tha gases from tha stars. fold.

Apr 1, 2002
Deep Thought said:
I checked again and it's still there in the same spot. Although it looks like a true star again, it appears closer than the moon, or not quite as far off as an actual star. Anyway, not that the moon doesn't share the sky with countless stars, but I can't say I've ever seen one so close yet be so visible. The next nearest star in the sky is really far away.

Any astronomy buffs out there?
"The full Moon soars high across the sky tonight. It's known as the Frost Moon. Mars blazes like a warm-blooded star to the upper right of the Moon as they climb skyward. They stand high overhead at midnight. Mars sets around first light, with the Moon following around sunrise. " stardate.org.

The nearest star is the Sun in our solar system. The next nearest star is by faaaaaaar past Pluto. I took an astronomy class, good stuff, boggles your mind to learn about the universe.

On a side note, any of guys fuck with telescopes? I've been wanting one for quite some time but too lazy to do the research. They got a lot on ebay.

Apr 25, 2002
I noticed it last night... Was wondering what it was cuz there weren't really any stars out near it... And the ones that were out farther away looked a lot different.

..................Can't say I expected to find out what it was on The Siccness.

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
Thanks ya'll. Specially the guy who mentioned this was something that happens only every 60 years or so. My OL was so freaking curious about it all.

The only other time I've seen something even odder was a long time ago when I still lived in the 'View in South Sac. A "Moon Halo".

Pretty fraking sick. The night I saw it at least 2 of these halos were viewable.