calvin johnson runs 4.33 40

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 9, 2006
:confused: :confused:

Calvin Johnson, preparing for the league's scouting combine in Indianapolis next week, was clocked at 4.33 in the 40. He also recorded an 11-foot standing broad jump and had a vertical leap of 43 inches.

While Johnson might not be the first player chosen, he is clearly separating himself as the top player in the 2007 NFL draft. Johnson is a rare talent. He is 6'-4", 234 pounds, and runs a 4.33 40 yard dash!

His combination of size, speed, hands, intelligence and work ethic are unheard of at the receiver position. Think Randy Moss talent with a Marvin Harrison work ethic. In fact Johnson is actually 25 pounds bigger then Moss and if the 4.33 - 40 is accurate, just as fast.

Read more:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/02/calvin-johnson-runs-433-in-40.html

if this 40 time is accurate he has the potential to be one of if not the best WR in history...AND if he goes to who can actually get him the ball......even though id hate to see it RAIDERS may actually take him at #1 if he runs this at the combine (if he does run)....mannnn what i would do to get this kid on my team :siccness: :siccness: :siccness:

Aug 9, 2006
thats easy to say......anybody wanna co-sign me that he will be the ROOKIE wr ever? better then MOSS? i can probally make this prediction after i see who gets this guy.....whos the lucky son of a bitch who gets to throw this kid is the question.....hes got hops to.......

Apr 25, 2002
Physically, he sounds like a beast, but we all know that doesn't matter. He could flop just like anybody else.

Vernon Davis is 6-3, 254 lbs and runs a 4.38 in the 40 yard dash.. That shit is ridiculous. I think that's more dazzling than Johnson's time, since Vernon outweighs him by 20 lbs. But I could only imagine what the Niners could do with Johnson and Davis.. Shit would be nice.

May 9, 2002
MooreBlock530 said:
thats easy to say......anybody wanna co-sign me that he will be the ROOKIE wr ever? better then MOSS? i can probally make this prediction after i see who gets this guy.....whos the lucky son of a bitch who gets to throw this kid is the question.....hes got hops to.......
Put it this way, Calvin put up numbers with a joke of a QB for 3 years.

The next Moss? No. THe first Calvin Johnson? Yes.

Mar 12, 2005
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
Physically, he sounds like a beast, but we all know that doesn't matter. He could flop just like anybody else.

Vernon Davis is 6-3, 254 lbs and runs a 4.38 in the 40 yard dash.. That shit is ridiculous. I think that's more dazzling than Johnson's time, since Vernon outweighs him by 20 lbs. But I could only imagine what the Niners could do with Johnson and Davis.. Shit would be nice.
Crazy Have a WR set with Calvin as the 1, Antonio as the 2, Arnaz as the 3rd, Gilmore at the 4th or whom ever. Then the Tight Ends assuming we re-sign Eric Johnson which I doubt. The Niners would have a good receiving core. Calvin, Arnaz, Bryant, Vernon, and don't forget about Frank Gore, teams are going to be too worried about the run, or the deep pass, and out in the flat is gore, give him 20+ yards.

Aug 9, 2006
calvin wont fall that far though.....i mean i could go on and on about how good VY and CJ would do....but it just wont happen......if calvin doesnt get drfated in the top 5....its some kind of consiracy.....IF he choses to run at the combine (he shouldnt because he only has a slight chance of gaining a positon or two) then he should be number 2 (i just dont see oakland taking him but i coudl be wrong) so WHAT DO YOU KNOW d-twon will take another fuckin WR

Jan 2, 2004
I hope the Lions take him, but I don't think it's going to happen.. They feel like they've been burnt by receievers in the past with Rogers and Mike Williams, and they don't think reciever is that big of a need since they had two 1,000 yard recievers. And Roy had over 1,300 yards recieving which was first in the NFC.. But I think Calvin's a one of a kind talent and I've wanted him on this team since the beginning of last season.

But, we'll probably end up picking Peterson, or trade it away... If we pick Peterson, he'll bust... Actually, if we pick Johnson, he'll probably bust just because he'll be playing for the Lions.. But I think a Mike Martz offense with two recievers like Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams would be fun to watch.... They won't win games since the defense will suck, but they might be able put up some points, which would be fun to see..

Apr 25, 2002
Quick said:
dude is a top 4 pick no way he's going to drop to 11.......
Yeah I know, but it would be nice.. That's all I'm saying.

I guess it's feasible for any team to swoop him.. They'd just have to make the proper trades. The Niners never trade up for picks, they normally trade down for more picks so I don't see any way Calvin Johnson would be a 49er, but like I said, it would be sick.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Those are some damn good numbers from Johnson. Johnson, Peterson, Russell....

I'd still take Russell.... Johnson probably would go number two to the Lions.