Ca$his, Stat Quo & other artists

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Y-S

Sicc OG
Dec 10, 2005
You know, these new artists don't get to drop their albums, yet only mixtapes. I say eminem, dre and 50 leave the scene sometime in future and let these new artists shine. This'll give them half profit from them while they're working behind the scenes. Let the new artists become the next eminem, dre, 50 or something, but you know what i mean?

Let your thoughts be heard.

Feb 8, 2003
They cant drop these new artists yet. They giving them time to develop and grow and get a fanbase. These days with sells down It makes no sense to sign a new artist then drop they album a month later. Its a process. just like any nigga cant open up a barbershop without the proper training and cleints.

Y-S

Sicc OG
Dec 10, 2005
Yeah I know, that's what I'm saying, but the question is, how long do we have to wait for them to drop?

50 cent got signed and he dropped the album in like 1 year or 2 & made a huge profit off of it.

Feb 8, 2003
True But 50 had a bigger buzz then these guys when he was signed and dont forget GETRICH OR DIE TRYING wasnt his first album he dropped Power Of the Dollar & Guess Whos Back and he was also signed to Columbia Records (Major label) prior and on top of all that he had the streets on lock for being the king of mixtapes.

Feb 17, 2006
i agree with both of you

cesolito is right that 50 had a major buzz including XXL sayin Get Rich or Die Tryin would be the most anticipated album of the year...but yeah they gotta get a fan base

Y-S is right in sayin his part too because when i first heard of stat quo when i was listening to Shade45 a couple years ago, i would have picked his album up then...now I'm sick of tryin to follow that motherfucker and i dont give a shit when his shit drops...same for cashis

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Y-S said:
You know, these new artists don't get to drop their albums, yet only mixtapes. I say eminem, dre and 50 leave the scene sometime in future and let these new artists shine. This'll give them half profit from them while they're working behind the scenes. Let the new artists become the next eminem, dre, 50 or something, but you know what i mean?

Let your thoughts be heard.
I think we definitely don't need another Eminem or 50...

they did their best to destroy hip-hop

Mar 7, 2004
how did eminem destroy hip hop? there was no one like him befor and there wont be anouther. if he did anything he contributed to it. even though it was suburbin white kids that mostly bought hip hop he gave them somthing to relate to.

Y-S

Sicc OG
Dec 10, 2005
I don't mean by the next eminem or 50 lyrically...

I meant by popularity-wise, media-based...on their popularity stardom level

Apr 8, 2004
i have it on good info that stat is droppin this summer - they're preppin his album right now. cashis got his ep and an album coming, em got a new album - king mathers coming soon, bishop working on detox and reformation coming 08.

Apr 8, 2004
Dark Shadow said:
how can these new artists shine if they dont do nothing, you can only let em drop 1 and see if they drop on there face or not
it's like developing a rookie quarterback - if they take an L on their 1st or 2nd albums they might never reach their potential

Feb 8, 2003
Cante-up said:
yeah its not enough BUT believe me Stat-Quo got a heavy fan base in France

See the thing is that dont cut it. They American rappers so USA is the first and most important priority. If they moved to France then that would be a different story but they not going by worldwide soundscans the biggest deal is Nielson(American Domestic sales) Soundscan. You gotta get a fanbase here first. Its a major difference between muthafuckas just liking your music you gotta have them buying it and supporting you in the big leagues(major labels).

Feb 27, 2005
Cesolito #1 said:
See the thing is that dont cut it. They American rappers so USA is the first and most important priority. If they moved to France then that would be a different story but they not going by worldwide soundscans the biggest deal is Nielson(American Domestic sales) Soundscan. You gotta get a fanbase here first. Its a major difference between muthafuckas just liking your music you gotta have them buying it and supporting you in the big leagues(major labels).

damn! my post was just a statement to point the fact that this artist got already a fan base in France.

I dont know what u read but...

i already DO know (and its obvious) that the US market is at first the MAIN priority.