C Mon People you do NOT use a BBQ grill to heat your house.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
PARAMOUNT, Calif. (CBS) ― A mother and her two children were hospitalized with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning Tuesday after using a charcoal barbecue grill to heat their Paramount home, authorities said.

Firefighters responded to a report of an unconscious person at a residence on the 16000 block of Orizaba Ave. around 2:15 a.m., Los Angeles County Fire Department Capt. Roy Ancira said.

The firefighters discovered "three family members overcome by carbon monoxide" generated by a small barbecue grill being used in the kitchen for warmth, Ancira said.

One of the victims, a 40-year-old woman, was slipping into unconsciousness when firefighters brought her outside en route to Kaiser Permanente Bellflower, Ancira said.

The woman's 18-year-old daughter and 14-year-old son, both of whom displayed confusion and dizziness, were also taken to a hospital, he said, adding that the mother was the most seriously injured of the three.

A man believed to be the woman's husband escaped injury and was being interviewed by firefighters at the scene.

Ancira told reporters at the scene that this was the first incident of carbon monoxide poisoning in Los Angeles County this season.

i hate stories like this, fucken stupid people....
thank god no one died.....

Mar 18, 2003
Worst I've done was when the heater broke we threw all kinds of shit in the fire place and roasted it. I mean we had company coming over in ski jackets so we ripped apart chairs, bar-stools, shutters, dresser parts, ceiling fans etc. and burned it. Good thing we got it fixed cause I was fixin to throw the couch in the there.

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
All she wanted was heat but ended up with medical bills...buy a portable heater or something..