c-lim interview (for those interested)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 16, 2002
C-Lim interview HERE!! Posted Thursday, June 20, 2002 by Paine
GET C-Lim's debut Album here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004TYA5/inktomi-musicasin-20/102-9534984-5493767

***Interview***

C-Lim has been around for a hot minute. His debut album, "Who Dat 'N' Like" has been talked about in underground circles for nearly two years. A bonafied, self-proclaimed, 'Crip', Lim has taken Gangsta Rap to new dimensions. He has helped bridge the Bay Area into the South Central West Coast scenes, from his own residence in Stockton, California. C-Lim has worked with Tray Deee, X-Raided, Brotha Lynch Hung, and others. He's clearly not going anywhere....get used to C-Lim, he's going to be the next San Quinn/E-40 figure from North Cali!

So it's been almost two years since the debut, whats new with C-Lim?

A whole lot of stuff. I got the new C-LIM done its called "From the Depths of the C". I got my aka done its called , Slim Loc 1 Presents, "Spoils of War", with the ultimate diss song on it called HOLLOW-WEENIE . I'm on X-Raided's new album called "Sac of Indo", featuring C-Lim, T-Nutty, No Love, and Luni Corleone and you probaly seen a glimps of me in Killa Tay's movie "MURDER SHOW" in stores now, copp it!
You'll also see me in BMR's new movie " GREEDY" and im working on my other aka album, "Da 'C' Monsta" that's my fast style. And (I'm also doing) just a lot of shows and interviews.

Of all the artists and big names you've been able to work with, who really stepped you and supported you and your music to the fullest? In other words, who's REALLY "real" out in the West?

X-Raided, Brotha Lynch Hung, even though we funk'n I gotta keep it real. Well, Lynch did.
My nigga Tray Deee, Bad Azz, Big Kid Bootz, even though he's not an artist, Dutch, B-legit, Shawn B from the S-C-O.

(The Real ones are...) C-Bo, Killa Tay, Jayo Felony , WC, E-40, Messy Marv, Too $hort, Kill Kill, T-Nutty, Daz Dillinger.

As a self-professed Crip, did Death Row's early days of, "Bangin' on wax" influence you to put your affiliations on record?

Somewhat, cuzz I use to bump dat shit cakc in the dayz so I guess you can give the wax some credit.

I know you worked with Tray Dee, have you ever worked with (or plan to work with) any former/current Death Row "inmates"?

Well I bought a Kurupt tracc a while cakc from my nigga China . I've chopped it up with Daz and Kurupt cefore. I would like to work with them both. Snoop one day cuzz I feel dat nigga owes me ON CRIP! He knows what I'm talking about. Get at me!..on some real shit. So, yes I plan on working with former and current Death Row inmates. Whoever gets at me first cuzz its hard as hell to get in at them.

What were your biggest musical influences?

N.W.A., Eric B. & Rakim ,Eazy-E, RUN-DMC, Fat Boys, and LL Cool J.

I heard about the Xzibit beef, has he ever said shit directed to you on wax?

NOPE!!! And he better not cuzz I aint playing no industry games I'm a BOSS.
But, I aint trip'n off of him let him picc on lil 5ft jermane dupri . But I'm ride'n wit my nigga KILL KILL from Watts, and when he squashes the beef wit Kill everything will ce all lovely. Stoccton/Watts connect

Last week, Snoop told the media that because Kurupt was working with Tha Row, that he was basically "crossing over to the other side". As a gangbanger, do you think that it's disloyal to your heritage to work with members of other, different gangs?

Nope cuzz I got more respect for a real Blood then a fake Blood, the same with a Crip i'll fucc wit a real bood cefore I fucc wit a fake crip. It's when the disrespect comes into play if niggaz can respect each other like (WC & Mack 10) then it's all lovely. but you gone know this CRIP!

Is there a new album in the works? Tell us about it.

Yup. C-Lim "From the Depths of the C". All I can tell you is that I'm tryna shop a distribution deal for it now...So, if you got da plug HOOK IT UP!

I came to know of C-Lim through Murder Dog magazine. Do you think that this magazine is finally giving the North West it's due exposure?

"MURDER DOG"? I love "Murder Dog". What do yo mean 'finally'? "Murder Dog" has been
giving northern Cali our due respect its these other fake sold out magazines like "The Source". "Murder Dog" magazine gets a "A" in my book. And ce on the look out 4 an up and coming magazine called "Str8 Lace" magazine, straight out of stoccton, Ca 209.

How do you feel about Hip Hop in general right now? Do you think it's truly dying?

Hell Naw. Hip Hop aint die'n. I just feel it's too commercial but I can't
hate on that, cuzz if I blow mutha fuccas is gonna say the same shit
about me....C-Lim

You're on a desert island. Besides your own, you can only take 1 album, 1 book, n 1 movie with you...what are they?

Dr. Dre's "The Chronic", Monster, and Ice Cube's "Friday".

Big thanks to C-Lim for our first interview. There will be more to follow. Go out and support his debut, plus get the new record when it's ready. If you have any questions for Lim, or want him to do a show or whatever...you can get to him through me, [email protected]. Until then, keep it gangsta' at www.o2deathrow.com Fuck the biters.

C-Lim interview posting within 24 hours! Posted Wednesday, June 19, 2002 by Paine
The interview is complete! You'll be anxious to hear what C says about Xzibit, Daz & Kurupt, Tha Row, as well as being a rising Hip Hop star in the west.

If all goes well, I'll post tonite. Otherwise, early tomorrow.

This summer...o2deathrow.com is gonna prove to yall that we the donns of this shit....the news, the interviews, the stories. Fuck a website with fancy graphics, we push the realness.

Interview with C-Lim this week... Posted Tuesday, June 18, 2002 by Paine
If you got questions you'd like me to ask the Bay legend...get at me. The interview should be interesting.

One.
Paine

sorry y'all, i didn't realize it was as old as it is, when i posted it. i'll leave for those who havn't seen it.....