Buying a house

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 26, 2004
Havent gathered everything together yet, so not yet to apply but thanks for the info.
the real state agent said the loaner guy would help find me a first Time Home Buyer Program, does that sound good?
Also said it depends how much I qualify would determine what kind of house I could buy (price range) is that how it works?

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
A woman in Beijing who lived in China's capital city all her life managed buy six homes in Houston, Texas after selling her two-bedroom apartment in Beijing's Chaoyang district for three million RMB ($483,300).

The Beijinger, surnamed Li, rented out all six apartments in Houston for a bit more than $400 per month. She still lives in her original apartment in Beijing, but this time on rent. The total rental income she collected from the apartments in US minus the amount she pays for her Beijing apartment comes to 10,000 RMB per month, which means that Li can simply earn more than 100,000 RMB annually from this housing trick.

According to a report by the US-based National Association of Realtors (NAR), Li is among many Chinese taking advantage of the US property market. Buyers from the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan purchased about a quarter of the international sales of US properties, as China Daily reports.

For the period April 2013 through March 2014, the estimated investment from the Chinese totaled $22 billion, with 76 percent of purchases in cash, said the report.

As of June, 2014, prices of newly-built residential housings averaged 33,269 yuan per sq meter in Beijing, and that of second-hand homes came to an average of 38,821 yuan, according to statistics combined by Soufun.com, a real estate website.

Meanwhile, the average prices for international sales of US properties came to $396,180 from April 2013 to March 2014, and the mean purchase prices paid by Chinese buyers were $590,826, according to the NAR report.
Woman sells Beijing house, buys 6 properties in US: Shanghaiist

RAVAGE

-DaBadGuy-
Apr 25, 2002
FUBU Outlet
www.dogpile.com
Oct 26, 2006
www.greenrm420records.com
If I do get qualified am I like to...obliged to go on with the loan or could I jus hold on another 6 months?
Depends if u find a house u really like it may be a battle to get it there will be other people biding to get tha house to.but I'm sure if u qualify it may take more then six months before u even get the house u want with other people biding so once u get the ok start looking at a lot houses in your budget.:siccness:
Goodluck with that pimp.

Jul 27, 2009
If I do get qualified am I like to...obliged to go on with the loan or could I jus hold on another 6 months?
ok thanks I was jus wondering if the realtor be like a car salesman heres a house, get this, how bout this.
i dont know how it is with other banks but for me, once i was pre-approved, that preapproval lasted for 90 days. So if you find a house within those 90 days and get an accepted offer, the bank will start the actual loan application. But if 90 days pass and you still havent found a home, it's no big deal they'll just get you preapproved again whenever you do find a home.

as far as the realtor, you need to make sure that they dont be pressuring you into making an offer on a house you're not 100% sure on. if you dont like the house, tell them you aren't ready. make sure you aren't just settling on a house. That's what my realtor told me, if you dont see yourself living in the house 10+ years, walk on to the next one

Dec 26, 2004
got busy and had lil time since now Im ready to apply to see if I get preapproved. The realtor gave me a number to his guy to hit up. I thought I could do a walk in so I hit up the address and it don't exist!! His business got a website, peoples, number and every info of what they about. Now Im hesitant to go through with this guy.
Is there some type of website I can go through to see if the guy/business is legit?
Or should I jus find another realtor? I don't wanna lose couple grand. Thanks

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Tried to buy a house two months ago, apparently I have no credit, they suggested I spend a year building some credit and to pay off my little $2,000 of debt.

Kind off pissed me off that my choice of not going in to extreme debt with credit cards as a young adult screwed me now. Apperently the brand new car I bought in 2006 and paid off in 2011 wasn't enough, one purchase wasn't good enough to establish credit history.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
Tried to buy a house two months ago, apparently I have no credit, they suggested I spend a year building some credit and to pay off my little $2,000 of debt.

Kind off pissed me off that my choice of not going in to extreme debt with credit cards as a young adult screwed me now. Apperently the brand new car I bought in 2006 and paid off in 2011 wasn't enough, one purchase wasn't good enough to establish credit history.
Can't you use your GI loan? Or do you need credit even with that?

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Can't you use your GI loan? Or do you need credit even with that?
The VA suggests 640 or higher to make the process with the actual lenders go smoother, I guess a lot of veterans with shit credit and no money have been buying up houses like crazy over the last decade and foreclosing.

I figure 640 should be easy as fuck to get since I barely have any debt and no negative credit.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
The VA suggests 640 or higher to make the process with the actual lenders go smoother, I guess a lot of veterans with shit credit and no money have been buying up houses like crazy over the last decade and foreclosing.

I figure 640 should be easy as fuck to get since I barely have any debt and no negative credit.
640 is HIGHLY achievable, in a short time breh.

Get a small visa, & do the monthly payoff thing & keep your balance at under 20% for 6 months & you'll be all good.