Burning Dreamcast discs...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
...I have a Dreamcast already and I'm buying a second for my kids after I trade in their PSX and N64. I want to keep all the original (DC) games in my room under my control and simply burn copies for my sons who are likely to lose a few to breakage, scratches, trades and whatnot. How can I do this in the quickest, most efficient manner?

Yes, I can look it up on the web myself but, I figure some of you may have found the best way already through trial and error.

Until Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft can make something FANTASTICALLY better than my reliable DC with it's cheap as hell software and even cheaper periferals, it's Dreamcast on mine's foo!

Thank you in advance.

Sep 12, 2002
u cant copy dreamcast games, u have to download them off the internet then burn them because the dreamcast games have protection that prevents them from being copied but if u download the games the protection has already been cracked and u can do it.

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
mrmafioso04 said:
u cant copy dreamcast games...
Damnit, I just got through reading that elsewhere as well. Well I just got off the phone with the OL and it's looks like I may just give my DC to the kiddies and cop a used (I'm a cheap bastard) X-Box or PS2 (the childesque GameCube is out of the question). This sux because I have some really good DC games that I love to play.

Or I could just put my nose to the grind and figure out how to DL and burn 'em myself.

Damn.

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
I have no idea. The X-BOX clearly is the superior piece of hardware but, the PS2 has more 3rd party developers (='s more games). I'm leaning toward PS2 but, the X-BOX has HALO. I'd have to listen to first-hand reviews and play both myself to make a final decision.

Jul 9, 2002
Oh yeah deep thought, if you get an xbox holla @ me so we can do battle in halo.

I got a few xbox games on dvdr and may know a friend of a friend who has a friend that can mod your xbox for $70 to play copies.

Apr 25, 2002
DeepThought, I burned some 50+ games for my brother . . .

I could burn you a shit ton of games . . . each game requires burning them as an image first to your harddrive, then burning the image to a disc

This takes a long ass time, but it's so worth it . . . . especially when for christmas your little brother realizes he just got 50 dreamcast games from his brother :)

Holler if you're interested

Apr 25, 2002
i got like 200+ games for dc all burned...still got em all archived too...but since i got ps2 haven't really fucked wit it...holla for the players price..

Apr 25, 2002
You got a list of your games that you have available ? I was only able to find 50 or so games, maybe if you had more I'll buy some from ya (for my bro)

Apr 25, 2002
here's my list...i dont knoe how recent it is cuz i haven't got a dc game in a min...pretty sure theres some games missing from the list that i have so if you dont see somethin ya lookin for i might have it...