Bullshit Cruising Laws

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I think this shit has gotten out of hand

Tuesday, February 11, 2003

Salinas police see success in checkpoints
Officers say no tickets issued for cruising over weekend
By Kelly Nix
The Californian
--------------------
Salinas police say they deterred cruising over the weekend without doling out a single ticket for the long-standing, illegal activity.
"The typical cruise crowd did not show," said police Capt. Cassie McSorley. "None of the citations were for the cruising violations. They were for other moving violations and mechanical violations of vehicles."

McSorley said officers issued 14 citations Friday and 24 Saturday. Two vehicles were towed; no one was arrested.

A total of 554 vehicles Friday and 654 vehicles Saturday passed through checkpoints established on North Main Street from 7:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. but none passed through twice, which would have earned a ticket, McSorley said. Media reports likely helped prevent cruising, she said.

Last Thursday, police announced they would step up efforts to end cruising, which they say congests streets and creates an atmosphere for violence and other crime.

Besides writing the license plate of each vehicle that passed through the checkpoint, McSorley said officers handed out a bilingual leaflet with the city's ordinance that prohibits cruising.

Police decided to crackdown on cruising partly in response to a double homicide Nov. 29 at Alvin Square Shopping Center. It happened during a night of heavy cruising in the area.
-------

They are saying that cruising on that street is dead. On friday and Saturday night's from now on, from 7:00- 1:00 if you go up and down N.Main twice within 6 hours you will get a ticket. The cops are writing down license plates and I saw in the paper that they are trying to put up a camera on Alvin and Main that will take pictures of license plates and mail tickets out.

There is already nothing to do in Salinas and I never really cruise except if there is a car show, concert, or after a big game but at least it used to be something you COULD do if you felt like it. Now there is a cop on every corner of the street. The shit will just move to another road or closer to Santa Rita. with over 70,000 people under 25 in our city the cops can't stop shit by closing a road.

Dec 17, 2002
Damn did'nt know Salas had cruising.
Imma have to hit that up.
I know they got hella fine hynas out there.
I remember seeing hella chicks at Northridge pushing
strollers. But with my girl around, I could'nt talk to
the ladies.

Nov 27, 2002
It aint cruising laws that succ,its just cops usually dont mind cruising its the hard heads an trouble makers that fucc it up for everyone else fighting n shit and usually that be me hahaha just messin.
stranger remember bacc in tha days when people wanted to cruise so bad in san jo,you'd always see a few homegirls flammed up an have baby strollers hahah much luv tho

Apr 25, 2002
of course people are still gonna cruise there is always a way around it. But what about all those people that are not cruising. It is fucking it up for them. it isn't called North MAIN street for no reason. McDonalds, wendy's, burger king, Roys drive in, 7/11, pizza hut and albertsons, and multiple liquor stores are all located on the same three blocks along N.Main. Since I have rims on my car I could get pulled over and cited easy just because I want to get a fucking Whopper. Thats bullshit. I dont have any problem with cops enforcing the cruising laws becasue if I was coming from out of town and went into the McDonalds drive through and was constantly getting mugged by the Castro Boys I wouldn't feel real comfortable. but it seems like they just use this shit to pull over bald heads for 'suspicious activity' FUCK THEM

May 21, 2002
Santa Rosa
tha laws are bacially the same down here in santa rosa....hella peeps usually cruise during thursday night markets and shit but they put that law in affect so nobody could cruise : (

Aug 22, 2002
the puercoz banned cruisein here also too many murderz happened over the years the city finnaly put there foot down and banned cruisein on state street from like 11 pm till 5 am been like that for a year now hella check points with puercoz checkin out them eNe'z in there ranflaz

SOLO

Sicc OG
May 23, 2002
AnthonyCG said:
On friday and Saturday night's from now on, from 7:00- 1:00 if you go up and down N.Main twice within 6 hours you will get a ticket. The cops are writing down license plates and I saw in the paper that they are trying to put up a camera on Alvin and Main that will take pictures of license plates and mail tickets out.
AnthonyCG said:
it seems like they just use this shit to pull over bald heads for 'suspicious activity' FUCK THEM
Yup. God forbid you're driving and you get lost, or have to drive around the block again for some reason. Cameras that photograph license plates looking for duplicates and mail out tickets for hitting the same block twice?

Welcome to the brave new world. The things people will do to society in the name of "safety" and "security".....

:dead:

Jun 28, 2002
THEY TRY TO SHUT DOWN SHOP OVER HERE IN MODESTO TOO BUT MOTHAFUKAZ BE DEEP AS FUCK CRUISIN....THEY BE PUTTN UP ROAD BLOCKS AND TRYN TO SHUT DOWN THE STREETS BUT WE'LL JUST END OPENING ANOTHER SPOT TO CRUISE ON....THEY HAVE'NT WENT TO THE EXTREME BY SETTING UP A ROAD BLOCK AND WRITING DOWN EVERY ONES LICENSE PLATE YET THATS SOME FUCKED UP SHIT FO REAL....CRUISIN IS TIGHT THAT SHIT IS CLASSIC IF THERE AINT NO PARTYS POPPN OFF OR IF A PARTY GETS SHUT DOWN WE'LL CRUISE BRING OUT THE VIDEO CAMERA PEEP SOME TIGHT RIDES AND HOLLA AT FEMALES AND TRY AND GET OUR OWN LITTLE PARTY KRAKN....THE POLICE NEED TO STOP ALL THIS BULLSHIT ASS HATING THEY A MOTHAFUCKA HAVE A COO TIME....
~KiX2o9~

Aug 6, 2002
I know here in Fresno they allow cruising between 6-10 pm on sundays between april and august. Shit is cool not that good if you an ene, cause there are hella mutts roaming the streets. I mean honestly there are some tight rides and hella female. Honestly, if any of you ever cruised Fresno, you know shit is bumper to bumper. Trucks hitting bags Impalas hitting switches , girls flashing. It streches for like a mile and the cops just sit there and watch, the only thing they trip on is gridlocking and making an extra lane on the right. So its pretty cool to see the cruising scence. But for me I only like to go on the days after car shows, thats when all the gente does it like it should be, in my opinion. The only thing is that when shit pops off over here its mostly punks getting into school yard type fights. Its mostly pretty boys trying to act hard then getting checked. And when I mean pretty boys I mean plucked eyebrows, bumping ja rule or eminem, in their moms new stock focus or accord trying to act hard. part of this is cause of the part that these squares are trying to act hard in, its in the East side of Fresno. I mean even nonbangers will check an idot for disrespecting.
The reason the cops let the cruise happen is cause the part of Fresno its in. they dont give a fuck, theyll let that shit go till 11 to 12 sometimes. but heaven forbid that cruisers want to go hit blackstone, near Fresnos precious River Park, then thats when fools get harassed like a motha fucka.

Hopefully Ill be around Fresno in the summer. some of you should come down here and see the cruise scene and the ladies. If I am here in the summer maybe you all could meet up with me, although I must admit if you dont bang maybe you should kick it with me. Not cause I think its dangerous, its just that none of you will see a problem with the scene, and its better for you not to be around me. Cause youll get tired of seeing the disgust with on my face when we cruise by mutts.