BTK serial killer helping true crime author on book

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

short

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
dennis rader slayed 10 victims during his serial killing career

sentenced to 10 life sentences without parole

'People like me, need to be under stood': 'BTK' serial killer helping crime author on book
Kansas serial killer Dennis Rader, 69, writes into Wichita newspaper to explain that he wants to help the families of his victims. His daughter says Stephen King's latest film, inspired by BTK killings, is 'exploiting my father's 10 victims'

"I'm trying to make this a serious effort that will have some benefit for people who study this kind of crime," Ramsland told Kansas.com.

A court settlement bars Rader from profiting on his killings, but gives the family of victims the opportunity to cash on media rights. And as a result, BTK hasn't spoken with the media in nine years.

Serial killer Dennis Rader dodged the police for years until his habit for writing letters to the media led to his arrest in 2004

Wichita's notorious serial killer BTK has sent another handwritten note to the media — but this time from behind bars.

Dennis Rader, who killed 10 people in Kansas between 1974-91 and became known as the "Bind, Torture, Kill" murderer, said he will cooperate on a book about his deeds with his portion of the profits going to the victims' families.

"People like me, need to be under stood, so the criminal professional field, can better under stand, the criminal mind," Rader detailed in a handwritten four-page letter Friday to The Wichita Eagle. "That would be my way helping debt to society."

A letter written by serial killer Dennis Rader, AKA BTK, was received at the Wichita Eagle on Friday. Rader said he will cooperate on a book about his deeds with his portion of the profits going to the victims' families

Rader, 69, is serving 10 life sentences at El Dorado Correctional Facility after pleading guilty in 2005. The one-time city dogcatcher, Lutheran church president and Cub Scout leader targeted and killed a family of four in 1974 and three more victims by 1977 before going dormant for nearly a decade. His last killing, in 1991, left police no closer to finding the notorious BTK.

Rader, known for his taunting notes to police and the media during the 1970s, wrote letters to the media in 2004 that finally led to his arrest

Eight of the 10 people whose deaths have been linked by authorities to the BTK serial killer are shown in undated file photos. In the top row are, from left, Joseph Otero and his wife, Julie Otero; Kathryn Bright; and Shirley Vian. In the bottom row are, from left, Nancy Fox, Marine Hedge, Vicki Wegerle and Delores Davis

"I can never replace their love ones, my deeds too 'dark' to understand, the book or movies, etc. is the only way to help them," Rader wrote last week.

The book will be a collaboration with Katherine Ramsland, a forensic psychology teacher and author of 56 books with subjects ranging from serial killers to the paranormal

Stephen King's latest film 'A Good Marriage' has drawn criticism from Rader's daughter, who says the author is trying to exploit Rader's victims and their families

"I'm trying to make this a serious effort that will have some benefit for people who study this kind of crime," Ramsland told Kansas.com.

A court settlement bars Rader from profiting on his killings, but gives the family of victims the opportunity to cash on media rights. And as a result, BTK hasn't spoken with the media in nine years.

Anthony LaPaglia and Joan Allen star in Stephen King's 'A Good Marriage.' Screen Media Films via YouTube Anthony LaPaglia and Joan Allen star in Stephen King's 'A Good Marriage.'

Daughter Kerri Rawson has not visited Rader in the nine years he's been behind bars, but the two have begun exchanging letters. Last week she publicly bashed author Stephen King's upcoming film "A Good Marriage," which is based on one of his short stories and draws from the BTK murders.

"He's exploiting my father's 10 victims and their families," she told Kansas.com

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
dennis rader slayed 10 victims during his serial killing career

sentenced to 10 life sentences without parole

'People like me, need to be under stood': 'BTK' serial killer helping crime author on book
Kansas serial killer Dennis Rader, 69, writes into Wichita newspaper to explain that he wants to help the families of his victims. His daughter says Stephen King's latest film, inspired by BTK killings, is 'exploiting my father's 10 victims'

Serial killer Dennis Rader dodged the police for years until his habit for writing letters to the media led to his arrest in 2004

Wichita's notorious serial killer BTK has sent another handwritten note to the media — but this time from behind bars.

Dennis Rader, who killed 10 people in Kansas between 1974-91 and became known as the "Bind, Torture, Kill" murderer, said he will cooperate on a book about his deeds with his portion of the profits going to the victims' families.

"People like me, need to be under stood, so the criminal professional field, can better under stand, the criminal mind," Rader detailed in a handwritten four-page letter Friday to The Wichita Eagle. "That would be my way helping debt to society."

A letter written by serial killer Dennis Rader, AKA BTK, was received at the Wichita Eagle on Friday. Rader said he will cooperate on a book about his deeds with his portion of the profits going to the victims' families

Rader, 69, is serving 10 life sentences at El Dorado Correctional Facility after pleading guilty in 2005. The one-time city dogcatcher, Lutheran church president and Cub Scout leader targeted and killed a family of four in 1974 and three more victims by 1977 before going dormant for nearly a decade. His last killing, in 1991, left police no closer to finding the notorious BTK.

Rader, known for his taunting notes to police and the media during the 1970s, wrote letters to the media in 2004 that finally led to his arrest

Eight of the 10 people whose deaths have been linked by authorities to the BTK serial killer are shown in undated file photos. In the top row are, from left, Joseph Otero and his wife, Julie Otero; Kathryn Bright; and Shirley Vian. In the bottom row are, from left, Nancy Fox, Marine Hedge, Vicki Wegerle and Delores Davis

"I can never replace their love ones, my deeds too 'dark' to understand, the book or movies, etc. is the only way to help them," Rader wrote last week.

The book will be a collaboration with Katherine Ramsland, a forensic psychology teacher and author of 56 books with subjects ranging from serial killers to the paranormal

Stephen King's latest film 'A Good Marriage' has drawn criticism from Rader's daughter, who says the author is trying to exploit Rader's victims and their families

Anthony LaPaglia and Joan Allen star in Stephen King's 'A Good Marriage.' Screen Media Films via YouTube Anthony LaPaglia and Joan Allen star in Stephen King's 'A Good Marriage.'

Daughter Kerri Rawson has not visited Rader in the nine years he's been behind bars, but the two have begun exchanging letters. Last week she publicly bashed author Stephen King's upcoming film "A Good Marriage," which is based on one of his short stories and draws from the BTK murders.

"He's exploiting my father's 10 victims and their families," she told Kansas.com
Well. he's not going to make a dime on the book, besides hes one of the dumbest serial killers in history - just look at how he was caught.

I don't know who was more ignorant the cops or Rader..

The guy is basically free to kill for 40 years and he gets caught because is computer literate?

As usual cops are apes...

Feb 28, 2008
if he was never caught he would be slaying a victim each month
Naahhh I think he didn't murder again because all his crimes were before the death penalty. Once the death penalty came around he didn't kill anyone else.

Even serial killers don't wanna die....