bruins penguins game tonight (the game that changes the NHL)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
so unless the NHL wants an NFL sized season, this shit isn't gonna stop. People are gonna take runs at skilled players and the tough guys are not going to let that shit slide, nor should they.
They still get away with it far more than they should. The instigator rule allows this to happen. Nobody will be able to put up Wayne Gretzky like numbers ever again. Reason being, is Wayne Gretzky "had a credit card" as they say. He could do absolutely anything he wanted because if anyone touched him they knew without question Semenko or McSorley would be after them immediately.

I'm confident that fighting will stay in hockey. It still is Canada's game and I can't see Canada letting such an important role in the game being taken away. A lot of this ban fighting shit is coming from American writers and others in sports that don't know shit about the game. They want to leave their thumb print on something and what better way to do that than to "protect" the children.

If any of you that enjoy hockey don't watch Don Cherry in Coaches Corner on Hockey Night In Canada you need to. Hands down the realest person in sports. (best dressed too)

At around 4:30 in that video they show Crosby (arguably the best player in the game) getting a cheap shot. If that happened to Gretzky in the 80's the guy that hit him would still be in a coma.

Jan 23, 2006
on a side note, i'm going to saturday's b's game vs. the sabres, and then the following friday vs. the sens (then pats vs. bills on sunday)

especially looking forward to the sabres game, as it is the first time back in boston since the john scott incident where he decapitated loui erickson, and the second game of a home and home (they play thursday night in Buffalo)

Jan 23, 2006
Well, i've seen 2/3rd's of Patrice Bergeron's career fights, playoffs and post season, live. I was at the playoff one vs. Josh Gorges a few years back as well.

good game tonight. sat in the nose bleeds though. will be a few rows back from Friday nights game.

steve ott is a weasel, btw.

Jan 23, 2006
kinda pissed about team US. so many players i don't like on that team.

i was 4 rows back for the game vs. ottawa a week ago. then went to the pats vs. bills this past sunday. good couple of games. the rain fucking sucked though for the pats.