Brotha Lynch - REAL LOCCS - SOTS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 19, 2015
Season of the siccness 24 deep and loaded are all classics .. Lynch by inch is underrated .. All 3 strange albums are solid, with the first bein the best .. And the ep he dropped recently wasn't bad either .. Tbh I don't think lynch ever dropped a whack album .. Even the virus and ebk had some nice cuts, even tho he didn't release it himself

May 9, 2002
to me, season of da siccness was his best album but i think both that and 24 deep are dated. sure they use samples still today but it's done way different and how it was used in that album shows what era it came from. i also don't consider season to be g-funk, i can't really describe what it sounds but nothing like what folks from SoCal were doing.
Using the synth sounds is g-funk inspired. No one uses those anymore.

besides, everyone is on some retro shit with music anyway. if these new kids are basically copying the horror raps of memphis rap, so maybe out dated to some but still cool to the new.
No one is copying the lyrics. Style wise, maybe is what you are referring to, but the lyrics are just as gay as you would expect for 19 year olds who wear leggings as jeans.

also, anyone ever notice the same beat for had 2 gat ya is same beat from the crip album in the track "break a slob down". whomever did the beat just leased it to folks.
More Bounce To The Ounce by Zapp & Roger? That song has been sampled more times than a whore gets fucked in her career.

45Yr Old Virgin

Franchise War Veteran
Apr 25, 2002
Cuckanada
yourethemannowdog.ytmnd.com
to me, what sac was doing sounded totally different from SoCal gangsta beats but both sounds overall are old styles. it just came off as darker than SoCal but the technology was pretty simple, so you can clearly hear it in old school Sac beats; to me at least. i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

i think you're right, i'm thinking more of the style but not lyrics, since trends change and certain phrases and words will reflect the era. at least no one is saying blow up like the world trade anymore.

as for the lynch and rip beat, i know it samples a troutman song and some other thing but i'm talking about how it's all was put together or laid out. it has samples of cypress hill and snoop in the hook and some other funk track that runs along the bounce to the once drums [can't remember the name].

dalycity650

Barlito's Way
Feb 8, 2006
to me, what sac was doing sounded totally different from SoCal gangsta beats but both sounds overall are old styles. it just came off as darker than SoCal but the technology was pretty simple, so you can clearly hear it in old school Sac beats; to me at least. i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

i think you're right, i'm thinking more of the style but not lyrics, since trends change and certain phrases and words will reflect the era. at least no one is saying blow up like the world trade anymore.

as for the lynch and rip beat, i know it samples a troutman song and some other thing but i'm talking about how it's all was put together or laid out. it has samples of cypress hill and snoop in the hook and some other funk track that runs along the bounce to the once drums [can't remember the name].
I think you're referring to "the funky worm"

dalycity650

Barlito's Way
Feb 8, 2006
nah, it doesn't sound like funky worm to me, some other old school funk track.

anyway, speaking of "no one does that style anymore". the folks who always seem to always try and shove it multiple times in an album the 90s g funk.........SURENOS.
True. I've heard a bit and some of it wasn't too as far as sampled/ 90s g funk beats. The lyrics suck azz tho

Aug 17, 2002
For its time SOS was the greatest gangster rap album. Comes off a little different today. We have not just grown old, society is different too.

Loaded is the adult album lol. You can play it without freaking people out. I remember females liking some of the beats.

Jun 21, 2009
yo so whats the word on Loki? I know he dropped some albums with cognito , not really a fan of cognito but Loki always had some intelligence in his delivery and subject matter.
And loaded is the best lynch album hands down it introduced us to that siccmade phonk beta sactown classic funk. " Thatz what i said " (released on west coast bad boys as well ) , " did and did it " " one mo pound to smoke " went way " " one of day last " dude had ice -t and 40 watta come and kill it.

Dec 6, 2015
Loki doing his grown man thing right now professionally, but I'm thinking you'll be hearing something out of him in the future. My dude is crazy with the pen. I'd expect something of a higher intelligence.

Apr 25, 2002
i caught that when that crips album first dropped. it sounds like they damn near looped Lynch's chorus. they added extra drums tho that's why the crips song had those break downs.

45Yr Old Virgin

Franchise War Veteran
Apr 25, 2002
Cuckanada
yourethemannowdog.ytmnd.com
i caught that when that crips album first dropped. it sounds like they damn near looped Lynch's chorus. they added extra drums tho that's why the crips song had those break downs.

i just re-listened to it and yeah, you can tell they just looped it and added their own drums. they seem to not be flowing to the beat either or i'm just too used to lynch's snapping style.

Jan 18, 2015
Damn, no love for Lynch by Inch/ Suicide Notes! That is my favorite Lynch album, by a long shot. It was real, soulful, deep, lyrics. Not a bunch of horror core shit. I bumped it for almost a year straight. I bought his last EP but I'm not buying anything from him anymore because I've been let down too many times. His music just lacks passion anymore.