Brock Lesner

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
I realize he's been the UFC Heavyweight Champion for a minute. What I don't get is why he got a title shot so quick. My thinking is that he should've at least had 5 good fights under his belt before he was given a title shot. Gettin' a title shot after 2 fights is bogus (IMO). All Brock has on Mir is size, but size doesn't always win fights.

I think Mir's gonna win title at UFC 100.

May 2, 2002
Seems that way. Its not like he's that exciting to watch. He's just big. He doesn't have anything in his repertoire, as far as fighting is concerned. I mean an ass whoopin' is an ass whoopin'; no need to disect or analyze it. I guess as long as he puts asses in the seats, Dana's happy.

Dec 30, 2003
well i understand what ur saying... but to the people who say who dunno how to fight... they are pretty stupid... hes a wrestling champion... hes learning this mma game as he goes on... yea he gotta shot to fast... but he beat one of the best... so kinda shuts up the critics IMO

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I like Brock as a fighter, he's enjoyable and you never really know what's going to happen when he's fighting, but he says some stupid shit and it does bug me that a guy like him will do well mostly because of his size and name for the time being.

At least he's got a lot of promise and has been respectful to the sport, besides the lasso thing but I guess that was because Heath's corner was talking shit.

The only thing that sucks is that all the guys who pose the best matchups with him aren't in the UFC. I think he dominates Mir, Carwin, Cain, Kongo, etc. He'd have a hard time with Fedor, Overeem, and Sergei and Aleks if they're motivated. Just another case for UFC to bring in those guys. If Cro Cop got back to form and isn't really leaving for Dream I think that could be a great fight too.

Feb 12, 2004
He doesn't have anything in his repertoire, as far as fighting is concerned.
Whaaaat?? I hope you are kidding...

"He was a two time NJCAA All-American, a two time NCAA All-American, a two time Big Ten champion, and he was the NCAA champion in the year 2000."

Brock Lesnar was an AMAZING college wrestler and is still a bad ass wrestler today. Wrestling is like the best base for MMA.

May 27, 2009
Yeah, the thing is the UFC's heavyweight division isn't all that deep.

With Dana and Randy getting past all their legal shit, the Brock fight made the most sense for everyone involved. I mean if you're Randy, you want to be in a fight to make some fucking ends. Fighting against Mir or Nog or whoever isn't really going to get the PPV buys that Brock would.

I think most people were surprised that Brock won that fight.

Did he deserve the title shot? Probably not, but I think it was in the best interests of all parties involved.

I'm not much of a fan (never heard of him until they announced he was joining UFC), and I do hope Mir wins. But I think he's good for business and I think he can help build MMA as a sport.

May 2, 2002
Whaaaat?? I hope you are kidding...

"He was a two time NJCAA All-American, a two time NCAA All-American, a two time Big Ten champion, and he was the NCAA champion in the year 2000."

Brock Lesnar was an AMAZING college wrestler and is still a bad ass wrestler today. Wrestling is like the best base for MMA.
Thats all fine and good, but you're missing my point. I'm sayin' he should've had a few fights to his name in the UFC before earning a title shot. Let me put it to you another way: Let's take Cain Velasquez, for instance. He has 6 fights to his name and he's won all six; his most recent victory being against Cheick Kong (UFC 99). Now someone like him deserves a title shot sometime in the near future. Thats what I was tryin' to get at in reference to Brock Lesner.

Most people usually have to work their way up the ladder before they get to the top. Clearly, Brock was a different case, at least that's how I see it.

Dec 9, 2005
I am a Brock Lesnar fan. I don't give a fuck.

Dude is a top level athlete, and its amazing how he can move, being the size that he is.

He came into the sport with all odds against him, and he held it down when he got his one chance to shine.

People always mention the first Mir fight, but he was absolutely dominating that fight, until he made a rookie mistake and got caught, by Mir, who is pretty damn good on the ground.

As far as him getting a title shot. It was pure genius on Dana's part because here you have a guy who already has a large fanbase from his WWE days, and then you have him coming into a sport which already has a hardcore fanbase established, but had yet to capture the average fan.

This is what Brock Lesnar brings to the table.

The numbers didn't lie, and the UFC fight that Brock headlined was one of the most successful in the history of the company.