Brock Lesner VS JDS TUF coaches interim title fight in june

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 7, 2004
Brock is a charasmatic guy and he is the UFC's top PPV draw (or close to it with GSP). Brock will get even more people to watch Tuff then before and because of that JDS will get a lot more exposure. I'm a fan of Brock so maybe I'm biased, but I like the choice for the coaches.

May 2, 2002
I'd love to see Crock Lesnar get his ass kicked....AGAIN!

EDIT: Even if it had been for the "interim" HW title, it'd be funny based on the fact that Crock constantly gave Frank Mir shit about being the "interim" champ. Thought it wasn't a real title there Crock!

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
the damn kgb needs to let fedor fight in ufc!

fedor is only holding out for the $ because putin is gonna take a big bite out of it. thats why he wants his brand to be cross promoted....

DISCLAIMER: I TOTALLY MADE THAT SHIT UP! BUT IN MY MIND THATS WHAT I THINK IS HAPPENING... :beard:

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
This fight is interesting, cause we've never really got too much of a chance to check out JDS' takedown defense, if Brock gets top position it's over for JDS. I expect Brock to go on a shootfest and probably get rocked and pounded out.

Betting odds just dropped and JDS is only a -155 favorite.

I'm actually kinda hyped for this fight cause there's a lot x-factors that can play out like JDS's TDD and whether Brock's standup improves by June.

Jan 7, 2004
Yeah there are not too many people that can get up when Brock is on top of them. Cain is one of the few that has the speed/strength and most important wrestling ability to do so.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I'm not an avid follower but wasn't JDS the number 1 contender as is?

So if Brock beats JDS he gets to fight Cain again?

Yeah, since Cain was gonna be out for so long JDS basically asked UFC for a fight so he can still get a pay day and not have to wait around for possibly another 8-10 months to get a check, so the UFC said no problem but you might lose your 1 one contender spot.

Jan 7, 2004
Same thing Pettis is doing, whenever there is a clear and named #1 contender and the current champ will be out for quite some time, they give the contender an option to fight or wait.

Rashad for example turned downed a fight and waited for Shogun.

Jan 2, 2004
Thing with JDS and Pettis is that they don't have the financial flexability to be able to sit out a year and wait for a shot like Evans can. Pettis especially. The guy probably gets paid 8,000 a fight.

Dec 9, 2005
JDS is somewhat getting shafted in this one, IMO. His resume at HW is just as impressive, if not more impressive, than any of the young HW's...and he was guaranteed a title shot. Now he has to fight another top level guy, and go through an entire season of TUF.

Sure, great exposure...

IMO, with the new WEC merger...I would have had Dominic Cruz vs Urijah Faber as TUF coaches...would have been a great chance to get the smaller divisions some exposure, plus I think it would have made for an entertaining season since they hate each other.

JDS speaks limited English (though its pretty good compared to others) and Brock just isn't a people person, period.

That said, I'll still be watching.

Jan 2, 2004
JDS is somewhat getting shafted in this one, IMO. His resume at HW is just as impressive, if not more impressive, than any of the young HW's...and he was guaranteed a title shot. Now he has to fight another top level guy, and go through an entire season of TUF.

Sure, great exposure...

IMO, with the new WEC merger...I would have had Dominic Cruz vs Urijah Faber as TUF coaches...would have been a great chance to get the smaller divisions some exposure, plus I think it would have made for an entertaining season since they hate each other.

JDS speaks limited English (though its pretty good compared to others) and Brock just isn't a people person, period.

That said, I'll still be watching.
But, he probably can't afford to sit out eight months waiting for Valesquez to get healthy. This will be a big payday for the guy since I'm sure he gets paid to be on the show. Plus, the fight and its a big fight that he should win too..

But if he can't beat Brock, its unlikely he'd beat Cain either way.

And also Cruz is injured, having surgery, so that's why that didn't pan out. I think that was probably the plan. Because it was the smart move.. But with Brock on TUF, the ratings will probably be pretty high. Wrestling fans are gonna be tuning hoping to see the Undertaker or some F-5s.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Would be pretty cool if JDS brought everyone from Black House to coach. Him, the Nogs, Machida, Feijao... And then he'd probably take Galvao first pick (if he made the show)

Jan 7, 2004
Well JDS could had turned it down, not like it's anyone's fault that Cain got injured.

Brock may not be a people person but he is most def a guy that shows up on camera. Check out the fruit shooting video or his post/pre fight interviews or go back to his WWE days. The guy knows how to put on a show and JDS will only benefit in the long run from it.

Cruz vs Faber was my number one chaoice for coaches but this choice works as well.

Jan 2, 2004
I still think its going to be hilarious watching Brock teach and possibly spar with/roll with a bunch of people a hundred pounds lighter than him..

Usually the coaches will do all that hands on shit with the contenstants.. I think with Brock, its just gonna look hilarious.