Brand New- The Devil & God Are Raging Inside Me

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Comes out 11/21. Im really excited. Sweet ass album cover too.

1. Sowing Season (Yeah)
2. Millstone
3. Jesus Christ
4. Degausser
5. Limousine
6. You Won't Know
7. Welcome to Bangkok
8. Not the Sun
9. Luca
10. Untitled
11. Archers
12. Handcuffs

Jan 28, 2005
Brand New and Dashboard Confessional are coming to my college campus in a week. Not my favorites, but still cool they're coming

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Heard of them...never heard there stuff.

Checked out there stuff...liked their stuff.

Going to pick up one of their albums tommorow... Should I get Your Favorite Weapon or Deja Entendu?

Don't know why I'm typing like this...really tired yet can't sleep.

That's a dope album cover by the way...I'm done now.

Mar 18, 2003
Get Deja Entendu.

The best thing about Brand New is the fact that Jesse Lacey can write songs (lyrics) as good as ANYBODY. The guy is a fucking poet.

I'll be picking this up. Hopefully it will be better than Louder Now which was one of the most dissapointing, underachieving albums of the year, at least in my book.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
So I was able to pick up both Deja Entendu and Your Favorite Weapon used for the combined total of $12 and some change. I have listened to Deja Entendu all the way through twice and then to the songs I liked a lot a few more times each. Great album. While there are a couple low points on the album nothing is like "ah fuck I don't like this song" and has to be skipped.

My favorite songs after limited listen are...

Sic Transit Gloria...Glory Fades
Okay I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't
The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot
Good to Know That If I Ever Need Attention All I Have To Do Is Die
Play Crack the Sky

I haven't got around to listening to Your Favorite Weapon yet but if it's anything like Deja Entendu I'm sure I'll like it a lot.

Do they have any acoustic versions of their songs floating around? They sound like a band that would have some dope acoustic versions of their stuff.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
They do a lot of live accoustic stuff, so you can probably find it floating around. Deja > Weapon. They got so much better between albums. Weapon sounds like a first album, Deja sounds like a veteran classic.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I just got done listening to the whole thing on myspace. Great fucking album. I don't know if it's better then Deja Entendu but it's def. on the same level. I'm going to pick it up on my way to school tommorow.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Damn this album is really good IMO. I still don't know if it's on the same level as Deja Entendu but it's one of the better albums to come out this year for sure.

Millstone is a great fucking song. Prob. my favorite right now.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I got it earlier, only had the chance to listen to the first 4 songs. I like it so far, the songs are kinda all similar, but in a good way. Im waiting for the heavier shit like Sic Transit and Quiet Things.
I'll post up what I think about it when I get a good soak.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
2 listens thru, still think it's just okay. Still think most of the songs sound the same. Sowing Season and Archers are my favs right now.
Lame there's no lyrics in the booklet too, I hate when bands do that.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Really? Sucks for you because IMO it's really good lol.

Sowing Season and Millstone are my favorite songs. I can listen to the album the whole way through.

Well I hope it "grows" on you Buzz because I know you were anticipating the album a lot.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
^^ Heard it yet?

I fucking love this album now, it's grown so much on me. I think I finally realized it's not Deja Entendu so I can't be waiting for Sic Transits and Guernicas. Im sure in another 4 years some of these will be how the old songs are for me. The songs sound the same but that's because they use the same structure. Start slow, build speed, kickass bridge, awesome ending. It's cool to see how they've gone from yelling backup vocals to straight up harmonizing. I can't get enough of Sowing Season, Millstone, Limousine, Degausser, and Archers.
Just sucks they only have like 3 or 4 more shows in the US before they go to Europe.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
B-Buzz said:
^^ Heard it yet?

I fucking love this album now, it's grown so much on me. I think I finally realized it's not Deja Entendu so I can't be waiting for Sic Transits and Guernicas. Im sure in another 4 years some of these will be how the old songs are for me. The songs sound the same but that's because they use the same structure. Start slow, build speed, kickass bridge, awesome ending. It's cool to see how they've gone from yelling backup vocals to straight up harmonizing. I can't get enough of Sowing Season, Millstone, Limousine, Degausser, and Archers.
Just sucks they only have like 3 or 4 more shows in the US before they go to Europe.

I'm glad it really grew on you. I personally think it's on the same level as Deja Entendu but it's just really different than it so you can't compare the two really.

I have come to the conclusion from listening to Deja Entendu and the new album a lot lately that Jesse Lacey is an amazing fucking song writer. His shit is really really good.

Haha...those five songs you named are my favorite from the ablum too Buzz. At this point I would said either Millstone or Archers is my favorite...I can't decide between the two.