Boxing schedule for the month of January 2015

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2006
Purses: Wilder Gets $1 Million, Stiverne $910,000
Posted by: Rick Reeno on 1/15/2015

By Rick Reeno

MGM Grand, Las Vegas - The purses for Saturday's Showtime televised tripleheader have been revealed by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. WBC heavyweight champion Bermane Stiverne will receive $910,000, and mandatory challenger Deontay Wilder will get a higher purse figure at $1 million.

WBC super bantamweight champion Leo Santa Cruz is getting a bigger than expected purse of $750,000 for his fight with huge underdog Erik Ruiz, who is only getting $50,000.

Amir Imam is only getting $45,000, with Fidel Maldonado Jr. is getting $50,000.

Feb 8, 2006
AMIR MANSOUR BREAKS DOWN STIVERNE VS. WILDER: "I EXPECT A REAL GOOD FIGHT...WHICH ONE OF THESE GUYS WANT IT THE MOST"

By Percy Crawford | January 16, 2015

PC: We have a significant heavyweight fight this weekend between Bermane Stiverne and Deontay Wilder. What do you think of this matchup?

AM: It's a very interesting fight because sometimes you don't know what kind of conditioning and what kind of fight Stiverne gonna bring to the table. But I think that he's very motivated for this fight. He knows that everybody will be watching this fight. So if I was Stiverne, my intentions would be to take it straight to Deontay and make him brawl. You're gonna have to close the gap and close the distance. I expect a decent fight, man. I expect a real good fight between both of these guys.

PC: For Wilder, do you feel it's just about using his size and range and keeping Bermane on the outside?

AM: I'll tell you this much, when you have the dynamics and physical attributes that a fighter like Wilder has, you're blessed. To be that long, that tall, and that big, you're blessed. You have to use those gifts to your advantage. If I was Wilder, I would keep Stiverne on the outside. Stiverne has a good overhand right and it's a very hard punch and you don't want to get touched with that, so I would definitely use my reach and my height to my advantage if I was Wilder. He use those long arms, he could make it an easy night. Stiverne is going to have to be very motivated to close that gap.

PC: You will be ringside. Are you going just as a spectator or are you trying to get in there with the winner or the loser?

AM: Of course I would like to be in there with one of 'em. Me and you done talked plenty of times and I'm just hoping that one of these top 10 heavyweight guys would agree to fight another top 10 heavyweight. Let's bring the excitement back to this heavyweight division. Kudos to both of these guys for bringing some excitement and anticipation back into the heavyweight division where you do have two top 10 fighters fighting each other. We shouldn't have to wait until a world title fight before we see two top 10 fighters fighting each other. All of these top 10, top 15, and top 20 guys should be fighting each other in the heavyweight division as often as there are shows. Anytime we see a heavyweight fight and there is a top 10 guy in there, there should be another top 10 guy in there with him. And that's what kept the excitement in the heavyweight division prior to this era we're in now. But we all got away from that. So that's why you got a world heavyweight title fight that's not gonna be pay-per-view, and I'm sure these guys not making the big dollars that other heavyweights used to generate; not even 10% of that. We're taking a lot of the economics away from our division because we're not putting on the shows that people came to love and respect about the division and that's top 10 guys fighting each fighter. So I'll be there to show my face and if anybody put a mic in my face, I'm gonna tell them, "Of course I would love to fight the winner. I would love to fight the loser." I would love to fight anybody in the top 10, man. That's my motivation. That's what I've always been saying. I've never turned down a fight. Every time I got called for a fight, I said yes. I'm one of the few heavyweights who agrees that these top 10 guys need to start fighting each other. This is the beginning and hopefully this fight catapults other top heavyweights to fight each other.

PC: I gotta put you on the spot now and ask you for a prediction.

AM: I like Stiverne, but Stiverne gonna have to show me that he could box better than he did against Chris Arreola. Although he knocked Chris Arreola out in the 8th round I believe, he was losing the fight in my opinion. If you allow Chris Arreola to outbox you, I'm questioning your boxing ability and boxing skills. Maybe he wasn't up for that fight, maybe he wasn't motivated, or maybe he knew that the knockout was gonna come. It could have been overconfidence because he had been in there with him before. I don't know, but I would like to see Stiverne box this guy and get on the inside and rough him up. I'ma flip a coin because I really don't care which guys wins because I don't have a like or dislike for either one of them. I'm not a fan of either one of them either. It's a coin toss really. It's gonna boil down to which one of these guys want it the most.

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
I like how Teddy knocks Monroe for losing to a 17-17-3 fighter without mentioning that that's the same 17-17-3 fighter that crushed Adonis Stevenson, gave Kovalev the closest fight of his career, put Andre Ward on his ass, etc etc.

Can't just look at a record with a guy like Boone who's fought in all kinds of weight classes and taken fights on extremely short notice etc.