Blast Holiday ft Philthy Rich & Young Gully - Getting it On

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2006
Blast Holiday is definately slept on

[video=youtube;qAFKXAkZnAc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qAFKXAkZnAc[/video]

[video=youtube;hDUWQrszgJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hDUWQrszgJQ[/video]

Jul 4, 2011
U can really see the progression in North Oakland from Mistah Fab to Blast Holiday to H.D. and now possibly too 600bj & LIL Rod if they can all stay out of Jail . LOL Its always free him ... dam just chill - patience .
And nowadays there's a whole other side to North Oakland rap... Green Ova, ST Spittin, etc. are all dope. North Oakland's always had talent though... the only difference is that now it's ABC instead of APG.

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
And nowadays there's a whole other side to North Oakland rap... Green Ova, ST Spittin, etc. are all dope. North Oakland's always had talent though... the only difference is that now it's ABC instead of APG.

Yeah they are all doing good - They gotta stay out of Jail though . 6-8 month bids will turn into years & that would crush a career nowadays .

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
imo blast's best tapes are "ice city - the coldest winter ever", the maserati mixtape & I guess ABC issue with HD. I couldn't get into dragon slayer or conversations at all.

Sep 25, 2008
Gully always gas it, but on a sidenote....... you should check out Blast Holiday....masteratti mixtape....google it you can download it free from jdub25...... blast holiday be gassin' shit... he slept on .....but he definetly worth checkin' out
That jdub link is dead and couldn't find it elsewhere. Did give that Dragon Slayer a peep awhile back, but didn't feel it. Prolly give it another shot and see if the results are the same.

B @big_head209 psi damn dude! Blast Holiday got bars for days, dude is a real lyricist ...i fucks with his music on something tough...

See reply above about Holiday.

In all reality, I haven't been feeling rap the same as in the past. I've narrowed down my rap artist selection and will probably keep narrowing it down even more.

Jul 4, 2011
For the record I only play tracks 7-14 on Dragon Slayer, but he goes in on all of those songs. That 2nd verse on Currency Reppin' is one of the dopest verses I've ever heard period.

Blast Holiday said:
The reflection of this man, that I'm seeing
in the mirror is a stranger, Blast never saw before,
And I know my vision's clear, look I see the end near
it's getting difficult to eat like artichokes,
getting higher than Aaliyah, ? needing his career
could switch gears and fill ends to feed all my folks,
but in these last couple years, so many wasted ideas
got zips sealed like drug deals cause we father coke,
Maserati Music moving with a grimy uzi
showing how the grind influenced; money gained from crime abusing
scummy off of bombing fluid, tired of eating Ramen noodles
zeroes and commas equal dollars yeah, I could do it
squeezing out a profit with the choppa like Jamba Juices,
Fuck you coppas you can't stop us it's a mobbin movement...
that's right...
5-9, Ice City for life...
Who else in the Bay is even spitting like that? Gully has a raw style and his flow is usually better but he isn't as poetic with it as Blast.

IMO If Blast ever gets around to making a fully-realized album then he would instantly get the recognition he's looking for.