BLANK CD's QUESTION??Please Help

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
I was wondering if anyone knew what stores or websites sells blank cd's that can record more than 80 mins, all the blank cd's i've seen our all 80 min 700 mb cd's is there a certain brand that records for longer ?

Mar 17, 2006
yee said:
I was wondering if anyone knew what stores or websites sells blank cd's that can record more than 80 mins, all the blank cd's i've seen our all 80 min 700 mb cd's is there a certain brand that records for longer ?

90 minute ones came out recently, I thought you'd be able to find them just about anywhere, but maybe not in wide release yet? Here's some:

http://www.dvd-supply.com/90mincdr48x.html

Keep in mind that older burners may not recognize them and/or you would probably need very recently updated burning software too to handle the 90's.

STRATEGY

Apr 25, 2002
Overburning is when you burn past the rated capacity of the disc. Burning 75minutes on a 70minute cdr for example. It's a far better to just buy higher rated media than to overburn anyways. Not to mention if your burner's minimun burn speed is faster than about 2x, the overburned part will be fucked up because the disc will be spinning too fast.

The catch about buying 90 or 99 minute cdr's is your burner has to be able to handle discs that big. Most don't because the mechanics inside the burner don't allow the write-head to go out far enough.

Mar 17, 2006
Sick Wid It said:
Overburning is when you burn past the rated capacity of the disc. Burning 75minutes on a 70minute cdr for example. It's a far better to just buy higher rated media than to overburn anyways. Not to mention if your burner's minimun burn speed is faster than about 2x, the overburned part will be fucked up because the disc will be spinning too fast.

The catch about buying 90 or 99 minute cdr's is your burner has to be able to handle discs that big. Most don't because the mechanics inside the burner don't allow the write-head to go out far enough.

They got 99's now too??

That means with a minute of overburn, it's now possible to fit all the old DJ Screw 100 min tapes onto single CD's, preserving the mix as it was intended to be heard (or something).

Interesting..

So in addition to the problems you menitoned with the burners, would that also cause problems with playback on certain CD players?

STRATEGY

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
In theory, a DVD burner should be able to handle the overburning process and the task of burning 90 or 99 minute cdr's. I say this because single layer dvd's have a 120 minute capacity, so the write head CAN go that far, and if you are using a burner with dual layer capabilities that means the numbers are doubled.

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
fasho thanx for everyones help, so does that mean all these mixtapes goin around with like 30 tracks are because of overburning?