Blackmarket droppin Best of Mr. Doctor

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BO$$

Sicc OG
Mar 15, 2011
I liked Bombay 3/5*** and as for Doc Holiday it's 1/5*.
Hate to go against the masses on this one, but I think I would agree. Not sure if I would give those exact ratings, but possibly. I actually didn't even want to hear much of anything from Doc after Bloccstyle, but some stuff grew on me. I like some stuff on Bloccstyle, but can't really think of anything I like on Doc Holiday. There might be something, but something just seems to ruin the songs on Doc Holiday for me.

May 10, 2002
I liked Bombay somewhat too. More mainstream beats but it was cool... definitely didn't have that raw feel that Setrippin' had but that was a different era...

Mar 5, 2007
Hate to go against the masses on this one, but I think I would agree. Not sure if I would give those exact ratings, but possibly. I actually didn't even want to hear much of anything from Doc after Bloccstyle, but some stuff grew on me. I like some stuff on Bloccstyle, but can't really think of anything I like on Doc Holiday. There might be something, but something just seems to ruin the songs on Doc Holiday for me.
His voice... His flow... That's what is ruined on Doc Holiday. Not a fan of Bombay but that album was better than Doc Holiday. Both suck compared to bloccstle though... I think everyone can be in agreement with that.

I don't know... When Lynch stopped fucking with Doc... Doc's flow and voice changed and it wasn't a good change neither. It just seemed he was trying to hard to sound like somebody else.

Aug 19, 2004
Yeah, Doc's flow really changed for the worst with Bombay. He was never a great lyricist and some times it seemed like he didn't even rhyme but old songs like "Guess What's Growing In The Gardens," and his verses from Season of da Siccness are good examples of the presence Mr. Doctor had on a song.

With Bombay it's like once Doc stopped rapping about the Gardens, he had nothing else to say. Thought Doc Holliday would be a return to form but most of the beats were even worse, with one of them being the Austin Powers theme song.

The only good post-Setrippn Bloccstyle songs are on Assassin's Born and Raised in the Bay, Savages, Foe Loco and that's it I think.

Oct 2, 2004
Nah, he had maybe four good songs on 'Documentary'. Just not real life Sac gangsta shit like he had on his one and only classic.