Black Man / Redskin

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
This isn't the first time this has been brought up. The indigenous have brought up this issue before, along with logos and mascots.
i learned about all of this in like 2002. its disgusting its taken so long to get national recognition, and even now ppl dont truly understand why redskins is the most racially offensive name that could possibly be given. even if a team was named 'the black slaves' or something similar, it wouldn't be as bad. of course african americans werent destroyed as a race for money and greed, so they have a voice to object and that would never happen

Nov 18, 2010
If they threw an aboriginal on the team every native would be a redskins fan and not give a fuck about the name lol

And damn I never never knew about real meaning of thw term redskin.

YOUNGNUTT

I'm so O.C.
Jul 9, 2002
Santa Ana to Long Beach
This is what wiki had to say:

The term derives from the use of "red" as a color metaphor for race following European colonization of the Western Hemisphere, although initial explorers and later Anglo-Americans termed Native Americans light-skinned, brown, tawny, or russet. According to historian Alden T. Vaughan, "Not until the middle of the eighteenth century did most Anglo-Americans view Indians as significantly different in color from themselves, and not until the nineteenth century did red become the universally accepted color label for American Indians."

Doesn't mention anything about scalping!!!

Props: lilboiblue
Feb 14, 2004
Yup, I'm indigenous, and I wouldn't mind it one bit if the name got changed to something that isn't offensive to any race. The issue has been brought up plenty of times before, and it won't stop getting brought up until something is done about it.

YOUNGNUTT

I'm so O.C.
Jul 9, 2002
Santa Ana to Long Beach
i learned about all of this in like 2002. its disgusting its taken so long to get national recognition, and even now ppl dont truly understand why redskins is the most racially offensive name that could possibly be given. even if a team was named 'the black slaves' or something similar, it wouldn't be as bad. of course african americans werent destroyed as a race for money and greed, so they have a voice to object and that would never happen
I respectfully think you are wrong sir!!!
By a milestone!!!

Props: BUTCHER 206
Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
I'm tired of all these faggot political correct people making a big deal out of small shit like a team name that is part of NFL tradition, they are fucking up the tradition of the game, and they need to stop with all the gay ass pink accessories that the players wear every October, it seems like all this shit is turning the kids into homo sexuals, the kids see NFL players wearing pink gloves and cleats and they think it's cool to wear fruity colors.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
This is what wiki had to say:

The term derives from the use of "red" as a color metaphor for race following European colonization of the Western Hemisphere, although initial explorers and later Anglo-Americans termed Native Americans light-skinned, brown, tawny, or russet. According to historian Alden T. Vaughan, "Not until the middle of the eighteenth century did most Anglo-Americans view Indians as significantly different in color from themselves, and not until the nineteenth century did red become the universally accepted color label for American Indians."

Doesn't mention anything about scalping!!!
the NFL is a multibillion dollar organization, the redskins are a multibillion dollar merchandising titan, the united states government is probably not proud of that part of history. do you think its going to be as easy as typing 'redskin' into wikipedia to learn all of that? lol

ive seen it in older history books, ive seen the historical bounty posters, thats all the proof i needed.

YOUNGNUTT

I'm so O.C.
Jul 9, 2002
Santa Ana to Long Beach
I'm tired of all these faggot political correct people making a big deal out of small shit like a team name that is part of NFL tradition, they are fucking up the tradition of the game, and they need to stop with all the gay ass pink accessories that the players wear every October, it seems like all this shit is turning the kids into homo sexuals, the kids see NFL players wearing pink gloves and cleats and they think it's cool to wear fruity colors.

I agree, find another way to honor the fight against breast cancer!!!

Props: MobbinINda916
Nov 18, 2010
the NFL is a multibillion dollar organization, the redskins are a multibillion dollar merchandising titan, the united states government is probably not proud of that part of history. do you think its going to be as easy as typing 'redskin' into wikipedia to learn all of that? lol

ive seen it in older history books, ive seen the historical bounty posters, thats all the proof i needed.
Thats true but savage told him to wiki it lol

Props: YOUNGNUTT

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Although scalping in the United States is often associated with frontier warfare in North America, it actually has a historical basis throughout the world long before Columbus arrived. The earliest being in Eurasia in prehistory. There is no precedence of Vikings being scalped when they arrived in the Americas nearly 500 years before Columbus. The act of scalping in the modern era was practiced by colonists, frontiersmen as well as Native Americans, across centuries of violent conflict. Some Mexican (e.g., Sonora and Chihuahua) and American territories (e.g., Arizona) paid bounties for enemy Native American scalps.[1] Scalping was not practiced by all Native Americans.[2]

you can find the truth if you dig deep enough. heres one source that will explain how scalping is done and claims 50 bucks a scalp, if you care to read a couple pages. there are plenty of sources out there with more information, i admit this was more a snippet or hint of info and not truly concrete, but im not trying to write an essay here
Notes on Scalping

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
of course african americans werent destroyed as a race for money and greed
this is arguable, but thats a different thread lol.

also, lol @ the reasons kids dress fruity is cuz they see pink on football jerseys. im pretty sure kids were dressing fruity before anything pink in football came around, and fruity kids arent watching football.

also name changes happen all the time in sports. keeping the name the same is not tradition and has nothing to do with the sport itself

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
you guys are all wrong. redskin isnt referring to the color of native skin, it is a slang term that was used for native american scalps in the pioneer days.

the early united states government used to pay out cash for every bloody 'savage' scalp that was turned in, be it from man, woman, or child. think about that for a second. do you know how horrifying it is to be scalped? its not something you survive and is usually not done to a living human. enterprising individuals would raid native americans, kill them all to a man woman and child, saw off the top of their heads, and turn in the piled up gory wagon loads of scalps for money. redskins represents genocide for profit.
Is that true? Holy shit if it is.

May 9, 2002
You are a class A idiot.