Black friday prices question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2004
now ive never gotten up early enough to go to that shyt, but how much cheaper does shyt actually get in the stores? and is it only in the stores or does it work for the online sites as well?

Jun 3, 2006
just wake up and go muthafucka, you know you aint got to be up early, you aint worked since 97..i heard its only for certain 4 or 5 items, thats how they get mofos in the store and spend that christmas money

Feb 1, 2006
if you don't have shit to do and you're going to buy the things you would need (not just because its on "sale") then it's worth it. a lot of stores sell out of the shit they're advertising within the first couple hours. target has some decent shit this year for black friday and the day after.

Jul 24, 2005
i did the black friday madness last year n camped out .. never again. the deals arent that good to justify staying up late and in the cold

Dec 9, 2005
Naw, you can still get good deals on black friday. I would think that even more so this year, since people aren't spending like they used to.

Not worth camping out or going super early unless you're going in for a big ticket item like a TV, washer/dryer, computer...something like that. I've worked a few black fridays at best buy and thats what people would be after most.

But you can still get great deals on little stuff. I copped one of those ipod docks for $30 at Target. Went back the week after and the same one was $89.99

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
Just the 1st 2 pages:

I second that.
Not a good deal on GPS or the 1080p TVs. Besides, is it a wise idea to spend money on them in this economy?
I agree! Most prices from these retailers could have been acquired a month ago if one looked around.
I strongly agree.
Sad Friday seems to be an understatement. I finally get BF off this year with the wife, and I don't even see a deal worth getting out of bed for.
technically the lack of deals is due to the bad economy. consumer spending is down, which means retailers have recorded less revenue, which means less money to offset the doorbuster prices that we are used to.
It is kind of a downer not seeing any doorbusters worth going out for this year, but the silver lining is that we get to sleep in this year instead of going out in the cold and the wet at 2-3 in the morning!

There will probably still be some mediocre online sales that will be about the same as the instore deals anyway. Might find one or two things online and sleep off the turkey hangover :D
Unless something knocks me for a loop late, looks like much of the shopping will be online.
It's the end of an era?
Maybe the retailers just want to make their numbers as bad as possible so they can get into the begging line that's stealing from the population.
I had hopes after seeing the Sears ad, but so far they were one of the better ones.
i thought i was the only one who noticed but yeah most of the ads are mediocre.

maybe we SDers just know what really is a "good deal"?
sad friday it is, i cant even locate a logitech mx keyboard set
These ads really aren't even sales, someone else stated it that you could of got these deals a month or so ago. I've been shopping around for the past year and it seems that retailers have jacked up their prices over the summer and now are cutting them back to only where they used to be.

What a SAD Friday it will be when no one is waiting in line! I personally may just stay in this BF....
BLACK FRIDAY have offically been declared SAD FRIDAY :)

That makes me a sad panda:(
So basically these retailer are going to perpetuate this economic depression by discouraging people from buying stuff.