Bjork

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Kavie

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
I picked up "Volta" some months ago after hearing a few tracks, and I just recently bought "Medulla". I'm loving both of these albums. It's a break and a step away from the typical music (rap and R&B) that I'm hearing everyday and which is getting real repetitive and annoying. I'm sure that there are some Bjork listeners here on the site or at least some people that have heard her music. What are you guy's thoughts on her music?

May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
A couple songs from this Dummy album kinda reminds me of music from Lovage "Music To Make Love To Your Old Lady By" album that Dan The Automator & dude from Handsome Boy Modeling School put out. I'm feeling it though. Good look on the recommendation.

May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
the point of that is to call you a b'dork, because you like b'jork
So I guess me saying that I also like Regina Spektor and Norah Jones would make me more of a dork, but if I said that Tech N9ne and AP.9 are on my list of top 5 rappers it would somehow be okay.

Also, I guess you'd call Timbaland & Rahzel a dork for producing music for Bjork, and also Syko (and Timbaland) for sampling Bjork for songs that they have done, which would imply that they as well listen to and like her music.

But then again, this is probably due to the fact that you're only about 15 years old and haven't had a change to experience anything but rap. Am I right?

Apr 19, 2006
ever listen reverend gary davis? or how about T-bone walker? Magic Sam anybody?Son house? i aint 15. 15 year olds listen to Bjork. Ever explore Jazz? Not just coltrane or miles, im talking about actually listening and exploring. How about blues? Not just stevie ray vaughn or jimi hendrix, actual authentic blues such as Skip James, Mississippi John Hurt, Lightnin Hopkins, Tommy Johnson. To name just a few. How about classical indian music? It's some of the most amazing music ever, when executed to a high level by a master like Ali Akbar Khan. If you think B'Jork is trippy, try that stuff. He is a genius, musicians simply don't come around like that anymore. He devoted 8 years of his life to practicing music 18 hr's a day. I don't give a shit about Timbaland, and for you to even reference him is somewhat laughable. how about gospel? try listening to sister rosetta tharpe or even blind willie johnson, staple singers . B'jork to tell you the truth probably won't be remembered in the history of music in say 50 to 100 years. Her reputation will die out slowly, after people forget she wore a fuckin swan dress. I dont only listen to rap, that would be simply retarded. Almost as retarded as wasting my time listening to b'dork.

May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
ever listen reverend gary davis? or how about T-bone walker? Magic Sam anybody?Son house? i aint 15. 15 year olds listen to Bjork. Ever explore Jazz? Not just coltrane or miles, im talking about actually listening and exploring. How about blues? Not just stevie ray vaughn or jimi hendrix, actual authentic blues such as Skip James, Mississippi John Hurt, Lightnin Hopkins, Tommy Johnson. To name just a few. How about classical indian music? It's some of the most amazing music ever, when executed to a high level by a master like Ali Akbar Khan. If you think B'Jork is trippy, try that stuff. He is a genius, musicians simply don't come around like that anymore. He devoted 8 years of his life to practicing music 18 hr's a day. I don't give a shit about Timbaland, and for you to even reference him is somewhat laughable. how about gospel? try listening to sister rosetta tharpe or even blind willie johnson, staple singers . B'jork to tell you the truth probably won't be remembered in the history of music in say 50 to 100 years. Her reputation will die out slowly, after people forget she wore a fuckin swan dress. I dont only listen to rap, that would be simply retarded. Almost as retarded as wasting my time listening to b'dork.
Okay. I respect your taste in music, and honestly, I haven't gotten into most of what you listed due to the fact that I am just now (within the past 2-3 years) expanding my sense of music. But now, to touch on what you just wrote. Regardless of the fact that may think Bjork sucks or isn't on the level of other greats (which she may not be), why knock the taste of someone else's interest? I'm 21 years old (not old, but older than 15) and I listen to and like Bjork. So your statement of 15 year olds listening to Bjork is irrelavent. And my mentioning Timbaland was in response to you calling us dorks for listening to Bjork, that would mean you would be calling him (or anyone else, no matter how great they may seem to you) a dork just as well. I'm open to anything and could give a fuck less what someone thinks of my taste in music. I posted this to get thoughts on Bjork from those here on the board. Post your thoughts (good or bad) and leave it at that. That's all that was asked for.

Dec 25, 2003
How about classical indian music? It's some of the most amazing music ever, when executed to a high level by a master like Ali Akbar Khan.
Come on my dude

Namin obscure ass artists that not many people will be into on some ol i am a musical renaissance man shit = ridiculous

In 50 or 100 years people will be talking about Bjork, as she is in the common musical lexicon regardless of the fact that she doesnt play some old overhyped insignificant genre that plays well among music nerds

Musical talent does not instantly give one significance. It could even be nothing more than proof of numerous practice hours

People feel Bjork no matter how simplistic or gimmicky you see her as

And to try to place her in the same category or Britney Spears, Good Charlotte, or some bullshit pop group is ludicrous