big screen/hd tvs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ATF

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
I have a Hitachi 50" I got back in like 98'

and a 46" Toshiba hdtv that has been in the shop for at least 3 weeks...

Jan 7, 2004
a lot of tv's can burn images into them but it takes a long time and it has to be the same non moving image like if you look at computers that they have in some retail stores like sears best buy etc. where there monitor screens pretty much stay on the same inventory type screen forever there will be images burnt into the screen faintly the thing with plasmas though is it doesnt take as long to burn a image in as other types of screens and not only video games can do that things like channels that have there logo in the corner of the screen over a long period if you watch it enough those images can burn into the screens also for example my boy has a 50 inch plasma that we have played 5 hour time periods with games and no image has burnt into his screen.

Nov 4, 2004
As long as you don't have power bars or icons on the screen for hella long, you should be good. you can't really see burn ins that much anyway. I can barely see the TV Land icon burn in on my 60" Sony that I bought when the Titans went to the Super Bowl.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
I heard this for hella long they always told my parents that it wasnt cool to play video games on a big screen I have a 60 inch HD philips projection and we put our 360 on it I dont see why it would be any different than watching a DVD or tv?