Best WR In N.F.L (present)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who is the best today?

• Randy Moss

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Chad Johnson

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Reggie Wayne

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Braylon Edwards

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Larry Fitzgerald

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • Terrell Owens

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • T.J Houshmandzadeh

• Andre Johnson

Votes: 50 50.5%
  • Steve Smith

• None Of The Above You Failed Again

Votes: 13 13.1%

• Total voters

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
Talking Out Your Ass Again

A lot of you who doubt Peyton Manning forget that the Colts defense was garbage in 2006, when they won the Super Bowl. They ranked 21st in total yardage and 23rd in points per game. Bottom portion of the league = below average. And if any of you actually watched them during that season, which I doubt, you'd know that 21st and 23rd ranking is a bit surprising because it seemed like they were one of the very worst defenses in the entire league.

By the way, "bend but don't break" means you let them move the ball, but not score. 23rd in the league means you let them score. That is NOT "bend but don't break," that is bend, bend, break.

That season and this season aside, Peyton Manning's approach has led to Indianapolis' success since 1999 with the exception of one year. He's never had a stellar defense and most of those years it was below average. That approach is the main reason they have had 12 or more wins every single year since 2003.

I guess if you consider the bottom half of the league to be decent, then you're right, he's always had a decent defense. LOL!

Why is it so hard for people to give Peyton the credit he deserves? Without him the Colts are a shitty team. He is the exception, not the rule.
National Football League playoffs, 2006-07
Although the Colts' rushing defense looked extremely weak during the season, it ended up being a key factor on their road to the Super Bowl. First, Indianapolis defeated the Kansas City Chiefs 23-8, holding Chiefs running back Larry Johnson (who rushed for 1,789 yards during the season) to just 32 yards on 13 carries. Then, they defeated the Baltimore Ravens 15-6, winning on a playoff record-tying five field goals by Vinatieri and holding running back Jamal Lewis (who rushed for 1,132 yards during the season) to just 53 yards.

Then the Colts faced their arch-rival New England Patriots in the AFC title game. New England jumped to an early 21-3 lead, but Indianapolis stormed back in the second half, outscoring the Patriots 32-13 with an additional field goal late in the first half. The Colts' final scoring drive did much to help Manning lose his image of always choking in big games. With 2:22 left in the game, the Colts had the ball on their own 20-yard line trailing 34-31. On the first four plays of the drive, Manning completed three passes, moving the ball 69 yards to the Patriots 11-yard line in just 24 seconds. Three plays later, Addai scored a 3-yard touchdown run to put them in the lead, 38-34 with only 60 seconds left in regulation. The Patriots responded with a drive to the Colts 45-yard line, but defensive back Marlin Jackson ended the drive with an interception to give Indianapolis the win. This happened to be the biggest comeback in AFC-NFC Conference Championship history.

First off, I give Peyton Manning almost all the credit for Colts success and never said I didnt! Second, you can mingle with the annual stat nerds, but what matters is how your DEFENSE plays when it matters! The Colts held teams to a minimal until they faced The Patriots which became a shoot out!
For the Run DEFENSE to hold Jamal Lewis to only 53 yards is saying a lot about your DEFENSE!!! Then The Colts were lucky to face a easy opponent who had no offense and a garbage QB Rex Grossman in The Super Bowl! So don't tell me their Defense didn't step up in their Super Bowl run that year!!!

Mar 23, 2004
I voted Owens, LOL
t.o's not a bad player too me. i feel like alot of people dont give him recognition because of his character on the field. fitz only caught 200 yrd more then owens, and owens has 42 less receptions then fitz. it helps alot to have someone who knows how to actually throw, kurt warner's a beast. t.o just had a bad year to me, and hasn't really found the right placement.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
yeah and the stealers had to cripple our QB to do it, the stealers will always be a dirty team!
If you can prove that happened on purpose, I'll be the first to apologize.

It was von Olhoffen's job to tackle Palmer, it was Palmer's job to not get his knee blown out.

Either way, Kitna played a solid game.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Jazzo, that year Fatal is talking about.... the Colts won the SuperBowl with the "worst" rushing defense in the league man. They stepped up in the playoffs but it is what it is. They had the "worst" rushing defense in the league.

If Peyton and the Colts win the SuperBowl, he'll be put in that elite group of QB's with Montana, Aikman, Elway, and Brady! He's already there but a win in the SB will cement his status.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
Jazzo, that year Fatal is talking about.... the Colts won the SuperBowl with the "worst" rushing defense in the league man. They stepped up in the playoffs but it is what it is. They had the "worst" rushing defense in the league.

If Peyton and the Colts win the SuperBowl, he'll be put in that elite group of QB's with Montana, Aikman, Elway, and Brady! He's already there but a win in the SB will cement his status.
"Although the Colts' rushing defense looked extremely weak during the season, it ended up being a key factor on their road to the Super Bowl."

First off, they weren't the worst that year! Even Fatal posted what rank they were in Rushing Defense that year, so LEARN TO READ EVERYTHING! Look what evidence I posted and how they held Larry Johnson and Jamal Lewis to a minimum total rushing yards in the playoff games! Their Defense played like a number one run stopper in those games! Kind of like how The Saints Defense stepped up against Arizona and Minnesota these last few playoff weeks!

I agree if The Colts win this Super Bowl Peyton will be the best IMO!

Nov 7, 2006
without being biased i would give it to andre johnson. dude does his thing every single year and his strength, ability, height and hands all make for a great receiver. and Wes Welker does atleast deserve to be nominated in this. he's better than half th dudes up there.