Best Video Making/Editing Software

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
the best IMO would be Avid or Final Cut Pro but you can do the same shit with Pro tools Logic or any of the other high er end recording softwares

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Avid is pretty much like pro tools with alot of video plug ins, made by the same company and Avid actually came first. It is pretty much one of the first non linier video editors and damn near every one out theres interfaces are ripped off from it. An avid rig will run you about 4000 bucks. if you are a beginner (assuming you are if you don't know this stuff) fuck with Adobe Premere and a video interface from pinnicle or some other prosumer company. It is easy to use just have a fast computer with ALOT of ram and a BIG hard drive or 2 because video projects will eat up your hard drive like candy. My old set up at work was a dell presision desktop running premere and DV tools as an importing software. We would use Sony T3 medium format DV cams. Pop the tape into the DV player, burn it to the computer then import the AVIs into premere. then when it was fully edited we would take the exported AVI and put it back into DV tools to a VCR and put them on VHS. It would also be smart to get a DVD authoring software like DVDit (im sure there are better ones out there) since VHS is pretty much dead now.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
ummmm if you need adobe premier i got a spare copy around here its the real shit lol not bootleg its just i moved up to a mac and now using final cut 5

adobe is pretty much easy but like i said making videos and movies takes hours to weeks to basically cut out footage that you dont need lol

Apr 5, 2003
jayda650 said:
Avid is pretty much like pro tools with alot of video plug ins, made by the same company and Avid actually came first. It is pretty much one of the first non linier video editors and damn near every one out theres interfaces are ripped off from it. An avid rig will run you about 4000 bucks. if you are a beginner (assuming you are if you don't know this stuff) fuck with Adobe Premere and a video interface from pinnicle or some other prosumer company. It is easy to use just have a fast computer with ALOT of ram and a BIG hard drive or 2 because video projects will eat up your hard drive like candy. My old set up at work was a dell presision desktop running premere and DV tools as an importing software. We would use Sony T3 medium format DV cams. Pop the tape into the DV player, burn it to the computer then import the AVIs into premere. then when it was fully edited we would take the exported AVI and put it back into DV tools to a VCR and put them on VHS. It would also be smart to get a DVD authoring software like DVDit (im sure there are better ones out there) since VHS is pretty much dead now.
I got adobe premeire, I dont know much bout a video interface but i'll google it. Good lookin out to everyone that gave they input, it helped me alot. *one*

Mar 17, 2006
southeast619ray said:
Oh thats what that is? Ok. Do I also need a graphics card? Whats the best one to get?

If you're on a limited budget, I wouldn't reccomend getting a good video card. It will in no way affect the quality of your final output as your video never really hits the card except for monitoring purposes, unless you're using the card itself to input the video or to output it to an external mixer/processer.

Alsso, what kind of video you're trying to edit makes a difference on what you need. If you need to import DV from a camcorder, you will need a firewire port to input your camcorder to tranfer to PC. this setup can also be used to transfer analog tapes to PC by using the camcorder's analog input (this can save you from buying a dedicated video capture card/box

STRATEGY