best subwoofers these days???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 4, 2003
right now i have some eclipse aluminums, but looking to upgrade... been out of touch with audio shit, last I heard jl audio w7's were top knotch...to whoever is into audio what subs/brands do you recommend?

Aug 9, 2005
right now i have some eclipse aluminums, but looking to upgrade... been out of touch with audio shit, last I heard jl audio w7's were top knotch...to whoever is into audio what subs/brands do you recommend?
? but hook in with some young Asian homies for the discount on whatever.

lol went to the homies house last month my Vietnamese younster was like... no see you long time got bic speaka for yo trunk go boom boom niggaaa I got deck for you fuck that you homie gip you goot deaool..

them youngsters be havin hella shit.

Jun 5, 2004
? but hook in with some young Asian homies for the discount on whatever.

lol went to the homies house last month my Vietnamese younster was like... no see you long time got bic speaka for yo trunk go boom boom niggaaa I got deck for you fuck that you homie gip you goot deaool..

them youngsters be havin hella shit.
Lmfao... Yea a few years ago if u wanted slap u got it from them asian boyz for the joog!

Mar 9, 2003
It depends on what you want. If you want clean sounding bass, loud sounding bass, or something in between. Either way you might want to upgrade your mids if you want some hi end shit.

Feb 26, 2006
JL Audio everything. Even their W3's slap hard for the price.

**^ what he said. Depends on what type of bass you're looking for. The bass is really clear and loud on JL's, but if you're looking bang for your buck Kicker isn't that bad when it comes to loudness.

Oct 10, 2009
That shit is dumb. Why would you want a sub if the music is so distorted by the bass that you can't even listen to it. Might as well drive around with some fucking ear muffs on.

well my brotha just sold his shit but he had 4, 12 inch type r's, with two 1000 watt amps (the new kenwoods I think with the build in fans) & his shit crunched in a explorer it had hella shuv, but he put in some good hi's & mid's so you could he the songs & the shuv... I agree if you dont have any mids or hi's it sounds like shit

Aug 24, 2003
go with two JL 10W7's if you want crisp loud clear niiicce bass, they're the best. two of those with a 750/1 jl monoamp each will shut down someone with 4 shitty kicker 12s, and would sound waayy better too. actually would shut down 90% of the setups out there except for the serious competition ppl
go with a couple of 18" Fi BTL's if you want to shake the pictures off of someones wall three blocks away, blow out your windshield and back windows, and get disturbing the peace tickets. for that you'll need a couple of 2000 watt rms amps for each of them if youre even remotely serious. you'll also want an alternator that puts out 300 amps or more, and a high quality deep cycle battery otherwise you'll fry your alternator real fuckin fast

actually, both setups will fry most alternators real fuckin fast. and both set ups are going to need some nice component speakers or other high quality speakers for the highs or mids which are going to need their own amps too, if youre even remotely serious about it sounding good.

You asked for the best, imo those are the best two setups. theyre my dream setups at the moment. theyre also going to be at least couple g's for either one.
youre going to need at least 1/0 wiring which is about as fat around as fifty cent piece, lol. good luck

Apr 23, 2006
jl audio are fuckin wack

your shit will blow out for sure

the w7's sounds great for a coule months then they blow out because the magnets are fuckin huge and the cones are weak

rockford fosgate power series really all you need is one T1 but T2's will be breakin windshields... if thats what you want

Oct 10, 2009
IMO Fasgate is hella overated & cant handle hella watts per sub Ive known a few people who blew there shit fast... If you wanna crunch one of my partnas a few years back one loudest in louisville three years in a row with PB's (Power Bass) I believe their made by kicker im not sure but he also had 8 15's in a tahoe with 9000 watts dude had like 3 extra batteries to power his shit but that will cost more than a few racks but two 12's or better yet two 15's with 2000 watts wit pb's will have you shitt'n on your fellow audio system... The fun part is get you some WAMMM act like you got little suv get someone in the whip, turn it on crunch mode on mute then un-mute it & watch em about have a stroke lol Dude used to do that shit all the time to folks never stops getting funny.