best police scanners to use

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 11, 2008
WWW.PLEASEATSOMESHIT.COM
If you want one that will get the most frequencies for police,fire,etc...
Find one that offers trunked frequencies, or a trunking scanner.

Google it

You can find most local police and fire dept frequencies online with a few searches, trunking scanners will give you frequencies that major metro cities use like frisco.

You can alsop find live streaming scanners online on different sites.

I keep a scanner around pre programmed with all the bay area frq's, you can hear some interesting shit going on out there, and get a headstart if its involving you

The radio shack pro series (pro-51, pro74, etc) are some one the easiesr and more reilable one, you can also buy chips for these to get additional frequencies.

Stayin one step ahead is just part of the game

Jun 13, 2006
i've seen some that look like walkie talkies and some that look like alarm clock radios should i get one over the other or would this even matter

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
If you want one that will get the most frequencies for police,fire,etc...
Find one that offers trunked frequencies, or a trunking scanner.
True but not all citys/counties have a trunking system....Alot of major metro are going that way tho...I have the old Pro-51 and also a newer trunking scanner but I just use the Pro-51 because up here they don't use trunking.

Word to the wise: If you ever get pulled over and you have your scanner, just say "It's for my own personal amusement"

Happened to me twice...They can't give u a hard time with that

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
If he's just looking for a simple 50 or less channel scanner for PD/Fire/Ambulance then there's no reason to get a 200 channel scanner they sell there....The people who buy those scan ALOT MORE than the popo's lol