Best NBA SMALL FORWARD so far..........

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Best NBA SMALL FORWARD so far..........

• Total voters
May 20, 2006
This is a great list of greats, but i'm rolling w/Larry Bird on this one. At the end of the game, i wouldn't want the ball in nobody's hands on this list but, "Larry Legend"....

Nov 7, 2006
LEGEND!!!!! guy was the most clutch player on that list and has the titles to make it a solid vote. guy was unreal. i love how theres a celtic in every poll. i think it's like that for the lakers too though.

Jul 6, 2008
pippen is the man. he took all that air flight above the rim shit to the next level. i remember all the kids on the court wanted to be like pippen, thye didnt want to emulate jordan at all. not one kid cept for me wanted to be like jordan. that is how much influence pippen had on kids.

he would dominate the sf position in any era. b4 him, cept maybe nique, basketball players looked really stiff out there with they movements. but pippen was just such a natural with fluid like movement. pippen paved the way for the modern day sf position, players like mcgrady, robert horry, etc. lanky long agile with dextirity type of players. cuz of the influence on the next generation, i got to go with pippen as the greatest of all time.

pippen in any era, kinda like this:

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
its def Elgin Baylor

As a rookie in 1958-59, Baylor finished fourth in the league in scoring (24.9 points per game), third in rebounding (15.0 rebounds per game), and eighth in assists (4.1 assists per game). He registered 55 points in a single game, then the third-highest mark in league history behind Joe Fulks's 63 and Mikan's 61. Baylor won the NBA Rookie of the Year Award and led the Lakers from last place the previous year to the NBA finals.

His 38.3 point per game season average is the highest for any player other than Wilt Chamberlain.

The 71 points Baylor scored on November 15, 1960 was a record at the time. The 61 points he scored in game 5 of the NBA Finals in 1962 is still an NBA Finals record. An underrated rebounder, Baylor averaged 13.5 rebounds per game during his career, including a sterling 19.8 rebounds per game during the 1960-61 season — a season average exceeded by only five other players in NBA history—all of whom were 6'-9" or taller.

"Elgin certainly didn't jump as high as Michael Jordan," Tommy Hawkins told the San Francisco Examiner. "But he had the greatest variety of shots of anyone. He would take it in and hang and shoot from all these angles. Put spin on the ball. Elgin had incredible strength. He could post up Bill Russell. He could pass like Magic [Johnson] and dribble with the best guards in the league."

Because his career paralleled the succession of juggernaut Boston Celtics teams in the 1950s and 1960s, Baylor never played on a club that won an NBA Championship. His best years as a scorer coincided with Wilt Chamberlain's peak years, and Baylor never captured a scoring title.