Best Hooks in the Bay?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 26, 2006
I was watchin' that SO Hood video the other day and it got me to thinkin about what Bay rapper you'd want to have do the hook for a single you were tryin to put out (if you didn't want an R & B hook). I would have to say that Clyde Carson would get my vote. In my opinion he steals the spotlight not only on So Hood, but also on Block for Life and Shady from Bela's CD, not to mention all of the Team hooks.
Balance would also be pretty tite, and there was a while when Keak was still understandable when he was makin some quality hooks (Yadada Wha Wha, Out My Body, Get High, SUperhyphy, etc).

I think someone like Clyde Carson could even get up to a 50 Cent level if givin the right push when it comes to puttin together dope hooks for rap songs (not in Sales or fame necesarily, just with constantly having quality hooks). I have always thought that has been 50s secret to sales, a decent song with a catchy hook.

What ya'll think?

On a side note I was hella surprised to hear Hyphy Juice on the radio out in Florida (not the remix) yesterday...

Apr 7, 2006
yea clyde carson has that smooth voice but it got grit n grind in it. i think goldie would be good for a hook. he could really hype shit up. first goes the first verse then BOOM goldie just hypes that shit up. but Clyde is perfect for hooks.

Apr 25, 2005
Clyde Carson gets my vote for best hooks. Mess and Keak come clean on hooks aswell.
On a side note, Bosko be makin some tight catchy ass hooks (I kno he aint from the bay tho).

May 22, 2006
stuck said:
I was watchin' that SO Hood video the other day and it got me to thinkin about what Bay rapper you'd want to have do the hook for a single you were tryin to put out (if you didn't want an R & B hook). I would have to say that Clyde Carson would get my vote.
psycko said:
I was thinking the same thing. Clyde's hooks on "So hood" and "Block 4 Life" came with heat.
co-sign dat like a muthafucka mayn!!!! Clyde Carson is da nigga on dem slaps!