Best cities for rap?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
ECOSE said:
ANKORAGE,AK

For real? Last time I was up there (3 years ago), they barely had a music scene. I got family up there, prolly gonna fly back next summer for another visit. I dunno, maybe shits changin' up there but I felt rather sad for the Alaskan people... mfkrs be missin' out, even concert-wise... they never get any good concerts up there and if they do... its once in a great while. The only good thing to come outta AK was 36 Crazy Fists... and no, they are not rap.

May 9, 2002
SRD420 said:
For real? Last time I was up there (3 years ago), they barely had a music scene. I got family up there, prolly gonna fly back next summer for another visit. I dunno, maybe shits changin' up there but I felt rather sad for the Alaskan people... mfkrs be missin' out, even concert-wise... they never get any good concerts up there and if they do... its once in a great while. The only good thing to come outta AK was 36 Crazy Fists... and no, they are not rap.
36 crazy Fists is a descent band.

My buddy was telling me that Anchorage is actually kind of rough; not saying that connects to a "rap city"...but i found it strange. He was trying to tell me that it had a descent size African American community, but i looked at the demographics as of 2000 and there was less than 1% of a black population.:confused: