best baseball player of all time

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 25, 2002
Mays or Bonds

be real bout this...

Bonds is gonna have more HR, better avg., more rbi, better slugging, better On Base, more walks, already has more stolen bases, mays has like 12 gold gloves and bonds has like 8

whos the best baseball player of all time

Apr 25, 2002
if Babe Ruth woulda never hit a homer in his career he would still be in the hall of fame as a pitcher...............who else can boast that????????????????

bonds can only dream of bein better then #3

Aug 26, 2002
^^^^do the math u dumbass............................

31 wins a year.....................u should kill yourself now.............

Bonds is my favorite player but best of all time, Stan Musial is better then him.................stats are not everything.....check his fingers.............

Jun 25, 2002
ya they pitched every 3 days

what the fuck are stats then nothing??

stan musial are you serious ted williams? mickey mantle?
no way bonds is thebest ever

hes a 5 tool player babe ruth wasnt no speed, but thats a legitimate argument ... but those other guys arent close to bonds or mays

May 8, 2002
NoR CaL LoCC said:
babe ruth only pitched for like 3 seasons and he won 93 games thats it
I THINK IT WAS MORE THAN 3 SEASONS, BUT LETS TAKE IT THAT IT WAS 3 SEASONS AND 93 GAMES WQN. THAT COMES OUT TO AN AVERAGE OF:

31 WINS PER SEASON.

CAN ANY1 REMEMBER WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME A PITCHER WON 31 GAMES PER SEASON, SHIT MOST PITCHERS NOW DAYS DONT EVEN PITCH IN 31 GAMES ALL SEASON???

May 8, 2002
BONDS NEVER HAD A STRONG ARM, BUT HE DID AT ONE TIME BEFORE THE STEROIDS AND OLD AGE HAVE REALLY GOOD DEFENSE.

NON THE LESS I STILL DONT THINK HE IS IN THE TOP 3 MAYBE TOP 10 NOT TOP 3.

WILLIAMS
RUTH
COBB
MAYS
GERIGH (SP)
ROSE
BONDS
DIMAGGIO
KOFAX (SP)
ROBINSON

Mar 18, 2003
In all seriousness, I don't think at this present time Barry Bonds is the best player to ever play the game. I believe that once his career is over, there is a possibility that he will be recognized at that level, but as of right now, he still has a ways to go. Bonds was and still is a good defensive player despite his weakening arm, his trophy case speaks for itself. Everyone has their opinion on the man, whether they be a fan or not, but the facts remain that, he is one of the best hitters, base-stealers, and believe it or not, best defensive players to play the game. I don't know where he will rank when his career is finished, but I will place him in the top 5 ever.

I think Babe Ruth is the best all-around baseball player to ever grace the game. Ted Williams might be the best hitter, but Ruth excels in almost every aspect of the game.

Now most of the stats given about Ruth are WRONG. First of all, he didn't pitch for only 3 seasons, and if you take his best 3 seasons pitching, he never won 93 games. Babe Ruth made appearances on the mound in 10 different years, not consecutive. Babe Ruth was a listed starting pitcher for 5 years, the other 5 he made 7 starts. In those 5 years that he was a starting pitcher, he accumulated 87 wins. That’s 87 wins over 5 years, not 93 over 3. Over his entire career he won 94 games. It is amazing what Ruth was able to do on the mound when looking at his hitting abilities, but let’s face it; he was not THAT GOOD of a pitcher. His record over that 5 year span was 87-45, average, and never had more then 170 strikeouts in a single season. He never lead the league in any statistical category other then complete games in 1917. When you consider the fact that he is a natural hitter with major power, hitting over .340 for his career, then you can say that he was also a great pitcher.

"If I'd tried for them dinky singles I could've batted around six hundred."
-Babe Ruth

I think the list Mcleanhatch made is pretty honest and accurate.

May 29, 2002
one day you guys will realize that you cannot compare Ruth to Bonds. it was a completely different game back then.

I would say that you have to break it up into three eras. ruth was the best in his era, mays was the best in his, and bonds is the best in his. that is it. that is as far as you can go PERIOD

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
Mcleanhatch said:
BONDS NEVER HAD A STRONG ARM, BUT HE DID AT ONE TIME BEFORE THE STEROIDS AND OLD AGE HAVE REALLY GOOD DEFENSE.

NON THE LESS I STILL DONT THINK HE IS IN THE TOP 3 MAYBE TOP 10 NOT TOP 3.

WILLIAMS
RUTH
COBB
MAYS
GERIGH (SP)
ROSE
BONDS
DIMAGGIO
KOFAX (SP)
ROBINSON

Hank Greenberg-Mickey Mantle-Hank Aaron
that's unanimous top 10^