Best amps?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 5, 2006
it really depends what you going for doesnt it? some people are into the whole competition subs, some are strictly just whatever sounds coo. I like treble with some deep bass.

Mar 9, 2006
ima post the pics, as soon as i get them in the mail, i just sent them both out couple days ago so i can get brand new ones before my warranty ends..............

btw the enclousre for the subs is nothin special, i was gonna take out my spare tire in the trunk and have the subs in it but i would rather have a spare tire there since my car is a daily driver for me...............

Jun 5, 2004
what's this shit?

and yeah mane.. your setup is hella clean.. i dont' even open my trunk 'cause i know my shit is all fucked.. subs be slidin' everywhere
haha funny u say that...

i just got my l7 installed today, and i made sure i gave them some brackets to mount that shit down, ive had enough of my shit sliding around the trunk,

all disconnecting the wire evrey fuckin time i wanna dip tha whip a lil bit... fuck that

i hooked the l7 with monster cables connected to a mtx thunder amp... shit is a good ass setup, esp. if u got a small trunk, its only one sub but it sounds like 2 1/2 12's... yeeeee

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
haha funny u say that...

i just got my l7 installed today, and i made sure i gave them some brackets to mount that shit down, ive had enough of my shit sliding around the trunk,

all disconnecting the wire evrey fuckin time i wanna dip tha whip a lil bit... fuck that

i hooked the l7 with monster cables connected to a mtx thunder amp... shit is a good ass setup, esp. if u got a small trunk, its only one sub but it sounds like 2 1/2 12's... yeeeee
You would be surprised at what can be done with only one sub. Most people just don't power their shit right my first system had 1 10 and it could knock my mirror off. My box right now fits so tightly in the back part of my trunk that I didn't even mount it with brackets.

Jun 5, 2004
THIS IS WHAT I GOT!!!
damn u got tha same exact amp as me! shit looks clean, lights up and changes colors n shit. what kind of setup do you got? i got that amp with the newer dark-grey kicker l7, in a ported box

but damn i lost the screws to the terminals, thats the only dumb part about those amps, is that its hella easy to loose those screws. the install yesterday took like an hour extra cuz they were tryna find some screws that fit.

make sure u dont loose them cuz theyre hella hard to find.

You would be surprised at what can be done with only one sub. Most people just don't power their shit right my first system had 1 10 and it could knock my mirror off. My box right now fits so tightly in the back part of my trunk that I didn't even mount it with brackets.
yea, i feel u, sometimes if u spend a lil bit extra for one expensive sub, its more benneficial than buying two subs.

my boy has one jl audio sub and i think its only a 10", but that shit slap hella hard

Feb 2, 2006
arc audio's pretty good i just gotta 500 watt (rms) monoblock amp from them recently (made by the guy who started zapco) that beat 2 w6v1's up 1 of them blew. them subs was old tho bought them used in 04. i only got to slap for about a month and they blew - amp still coo. its coo though i thought i was going deaf (loud ringing in my ears for weeks that i couldnt get rid of) because i slap so much - it could be freezing outside im smashing with the windows down system on full blast. matter of fact one of the W6's still work anyone want to cop ill sell you that old ass shit you might get a few months out of it.

May 23, 2008
bigbubblingasses.zxq.net
I only fuck with Kicker / Sundown Audio Amps because they do rated power..

I had 2 TC-1000 Subs Wired to 2 Sundown SAE-1000D amps and Hit 152DB official termlab setup.

the box was a standard L-Port design

But those amps are power hungry so make sure you got a SOLID electrical system that means doing the Big 3 (ask if you need anymore information). Changing your batteries to Deep cycle batters and uping the Size of the wire.. i only use 1/0 and 4/0

May 23, 2008
bigbubblingasses.zxq.net
WHO HAS THE BEST AMP WIRE KIT???
I usually just search for the individual parts online or in local audio shops*

you can get like 100 yards of 1/0awg power/ground wire for like $35 if you look around but..for the money i'd shoot for..Knukonceptz Amp Wiring Kits.

I was going to suggest the kicker wiring kits but some places they're expensive..

they also have the option for you to select parts seperately

if you plan on running more than 1500watts and more rms 1/0 or 4/0 wiring is required.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?Category=Amp%20Installation Kits

Jan 5, 2006
the thicker the conductor (the center copper wiring) the better. More current/power can run through. Depends on what kinda sub you have.. but you typically wanna keep it close so it can protect your equipment when inline.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
I usually just search for the individual parts online or in local audio shops*

you can get like 100 yards of 1/0awg power/ground wire for like $35 if you look around but..for the money i'd shoot for..Knukonceptz Amp Wiring Kits.

I was going to suggest the kicker wiring kits but some places they're expensive..

they also have the option for you to select parts seperately

if you plan on running more than 1500watts and more rms 1/0 or 4/0 wiring is required.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?Category=Amp Installation Kits
You need to let me in on this secret because I got my 4 ga wire on ebay for
$20 shipped for 20ft and that was a way better deal than I could find anywhere else. I did find a site that sells knock off monster cables that look like they are good quality for $6 for 25ft they have a lot of home audio cables cheap too:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10218&cs_id=1021803&p_id=2866&seq=1&format=2