Best 80's movies

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
I thought of Back to the Future today at work. That was my favorite for a long time as a kid but I saw it again recently and it's a way better movie than I realized. Great movie.

Project X with Matthew Broderick was cool.
I never saw this in the 80's but Full Metal Jacket
A Christmas Story
Big
National Lampoons Vacation
Funny Farm

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Just a few:

Platoon
Star Wars V and IV
Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2
The Untouchables
Beetlejuice
Die Hard
Rambo: First Blood
The Money Pit
Re-Animator
Breakfast Club
Caddyshack
The Shining
An American Werewolf in London
Lethal Weapon 1 & 2
The Outsiders
Airplane
Nightmare On Elm Street
War Games
Weird Science
Beverly Hills Cop
All 3 Indiana Jones movies
Ghostbusters
Hellraiser
Scarface
Christmas Vacation
Wall Street
Child's Play
The Goonies
Back To The Future 1 & 2
Naked Gun
They Live
Friday The 13th
Akira
Stand By Me
Fright Night
The Fly
Night of the Creeps
Return Of The Living Dead
Trading Places
Predator
Terminator
Gremlins
Coming To America
Vacation
Aliens
Robocop
Stagefright
Angel Heart
Ferris Beuler's Day off
A Fish Called Wanda
The Burbs
Scanners

Forgot many though...
would you say Mike Manson has a "plethora" of movies? lol That list there is great! we need to add to this list and keep it going.

Lockup with Stallone....Brewster's Millions, Blues Brothers, License to Drive, Krush Groove, Weird Science, fucken Trading Places..yeah.

Coming to America and the Outsiders are in my top 5. I just re watched the 1984 Red Dawn since hearing the remake was in theaters and that movie was still good. Have a feeling the remake is going to disappoint but ill watch it now that i refreshed my memory with the og.
I liked Uncle Buck back in the day too, The Great Outdoors....John Candy Classics. Tom Hanks classics... Bachelor Party, Big and I remember the Burbs was funny but its real vague in my mind. This list is going to have me revisting some old flicks.

The Last American Virgin
DC Cab
Spaceballs
Bull Durham
Uncle Buck
The Great Outdoors
Bachelor Party
Brewster's Millions
Blues Brothers
Once Upon A Time In America

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2005
Mostly all the dope movies have been mentioned. Gleaming the cube was dope, and the dirt bike kid. ive been collecting all of my child hood movies on dvd for a while. Rad is one of the hardest to find on dvd... lol at short circuit " your mother was a snow blower"