Besides rap,what other music do you listen to?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
ive gone through alot of phases. let me illustrate.

late ninties: jazz, funk, soul, classic rock, punk (i was in a punk band. small known fact about me.) world music, breakbeats

early 2000's: sesame street music, electrofunk, instructional records, grindcore, death metal, drum and bass

*bebop music (death in the family...that person always played oldschool bebop shit in the house....reminded me of that person and kept a positive vibe in the house i guess)

mid 2000's: smooth jazz, funk, easy listening

now: pretty much everything. i love everything. like if someone hit me up like 'yo this is russian music you gotta drink vodka to this' i would listen to that shit 80 times on general purpose..im probably the only black person who knows who gg allin is without having to google or hear from someone else at any point

i was rocking out to guitars way before wayne....in 1998 in the dorm in san francisco...i still play some acoustic and bass ...got my own guitars and amps and all that

i listen to alot of rap but i know alot about other music....i just dont brag about it i guess

Mar 16, 2005
If it's good I wil listen to it! I play no favorites! as I get older I find good in all genres of music, maybe more open minded I dont know but my ipod is full of fucked up playlists...hahaha

Apr 25, 2002
If it's good I wil listen to it! I play no favorites! as I get older I find good in all genres of music, maybe more open minded I dont know but my ipod is full of fucked up playlists...hahaha
Agreed!
In ways I like the fact that quality rap music has gone down the shitter...it forced me to explore other genres and helped improve me as a musician

Dec 25, 2003
I like trip hop alot (American shit, not so much portishead, tricky, and massive attack)

old DJ Shadow, rjd2, some Prefuse 73, Thievery Corporation, etc

I actually like Shulman, which is like sort of chill out psychadelic music

Apr 25, 2002
oldies forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

old school shit like zap n roger, sos, parliment funkadelic

free style shit like debbie deb

sometimes corridos even tho i dont speak much spanish

bob marley is dope

rock music like system of a down , old metallica

classic rock