Bellator 105: Rampage vs. Tito - November 2 PPV

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Tito just made his TNA wrestling debut tonight with Rampage being "held back" by Kurt Angle in the ring lol

Bellator officially can't be taken seriously as a legit MMA promotion now.

The two guys who are Main Eventing their first Pay Per View are gonna be fake feuding in a pro wrestling organization leading up to the fight.

Props: heyzel
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
kinda jumping to conclusions there. Viacom's the one forcing all this shit.
You really think Bjorn and Hulk Hogan sat down together and planned this all out?
Regardless if they did or not, imagine if Tito vs. Rampage's MMA fight ends up with a fishy ending. The world is gonna be yelling fixed fight after 3 months of them playing pretend on TNA.

People are still saying Silva vs. Weidman was fixed, imagine if Silva and Weidman played pretend feud on TV for 3 months prior to their fight, there would probably be a damn government investigation lol

and yes Viacom is the one forcing all this shit, Viacom owns and calls the shots at Bellator now, so pretty sure this won't be the one and only time something like this goes down.

Props: heyzel
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
tito was trash 5 years ago
5 years ago Tito beat Rashad Evans (called a draw because Tito was deducted a point, but it's kind of like Bones Jones vs. Matt Hamill, we all know who won)

Tito almost gave Lyoto Machida his first loss 5 years ago also, had him in a deep triangle with a minute left in the fight. Machida won a weak decision though, but it wasn't like Tito was "trash" in the fight.

Tito didn't start sucking until the end of 2009 after taking a year and a half off after he said fuck Dana White and went to Affliction where he never fought cause they folded after 2 shows.

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
MMA did evolve really fast these last few years. and it surpassed alot of fighters who were good in their era or touted as being the fututre.

I remember when fighters with just standup were getting choked out and armbarred left and right.

now you hardly see any ground game at all. it's a trip how shit has changed

Props: RM211
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Yeah he had a fucked up back, he had a ton of surgeries on discs in his back and neck.

Tito was on some bullshit with the injury excuses though.

Pre-fight: I'm 100% healthy, this is the best Tito Ortiz you'll ever see.
Post-fight: Well I was fighting a ton of injuries and blah blah blah

His post-fight fractured skull comment was the worst though lol

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
yeah, a lot of fighters have done that over the years and it's hella annoying. I also hate to hear the "I had trouble making weight" excuse after a loss

Feb 10, 2006
I personally don't think mma has eveloved that much cuz you don't see a lot of great fighters fight other great fighters, it's just a bunch of rematches or good mma fighters vs a world class athlete that turned into a mma fighter to school these fools that going to a mma gym doesn't make you a great mma fighter. shit, if this fight is barely happening right now, it shows you how deep mma was then too now.

Feb 10, 2006
Eddie Alvarez and Bellator mend fences, book Michael Chandler rematch for PPV

Former Bellator MMA lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez's contract dispute is over, and he's returning to the California-based promotion to face the man who took his title.

The rematch with reigning titleholder Michael Chandler will serve as the co-main event of Bellator's first-ever pay-per-view offering, Bellator 106, which takes place Nov. 2 at California's Long Beach Arena. Former UFC champs Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Tito Ortiz clash in the headliner.

"I couldn't be happier right now," Alvarez told USA TODAY Sports and MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps*–*MMAjunkie.com). "We've been trying to settle since the very beginning of this. We were able to compromise and put it behind us. I'm happy to put my name on the dotted line and move forward with my career.

Alvarez (24-3 MMA, 9-1 BMMA) and Chandler (12-0 MMA, 9-0 BMMA) first met in November 2011, with Chandler taking Alvarez's belt by scoring a fourth-round submission win in a matchup that earned fight of the year recognition.

Alvarez rallied back with wins over Shinya Aoki and Patricky "Pitbull" Freire before electing to test the waters of free agency. When the sport's largest promotion, the UFC, offered Alvarez a contract, Bellator officials said they matched the deal word-for-word, though the two promotions' differing business plans left some question as to whether a true match was even possible, especially with Bellator promising to place Alvarez in PPV events despite having never promoted a PPV show.

Both Alvarez and Bellator filed lawsuits, and the sometimes-bitter and public feud looked to have no end in sight.

Now that's all changed, though Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney said the exact nature of the details will remain private.

"Terms of the settlement have to remain confidential," he said. "We kept a constant line of communication going, and eventually in these types of situations, you find a common ground. We were able to find a common ground.

"Honestly, this is a business, and Ed's a world-class fighter. I'm in the business of putting on world-class fights, so that's honestly the story."

Alvarez, who's ranked No. 12 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA lightweight rankings (Chandler is No. 3), hasn't fought since October. However, he said he's remained sharp by helping training partners such as Frankie Edgar and Edson Barboza prepare for their UFC bouts and is anxious to avenge the Chandler loss.

"I wasn't perfect," Alvarez said. "I wasn't focused enough that night, and I lost. It doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen. I'm OK with it, but I'm ready to correct the mistakes.

"I'm ready to be perfect, and I'm ready to be in there and put on a fight and get my hand raised."

While the relationship between Alvarez and Bellator officials wasn't necessarily pleasant during negotiations, the fighter insists there won't be any lingering issues and motivation won't be an issue.

"I'm not big on problems," Alvarez said. "I normally just deal with solutions. In business, there are problems just like a relationship. There's good, there's bad, and there's ugly. You need to be able to compromise and not deal with problems."

Rebney agreed with that sentiment.

"When you run a business like this one, there are going to be situations that occur where you have conflict," he said. "When you've got 175-plus fighters under contract, when you've got large-scale relationships with nearly 130 television networks around the world, when you've got sponsors, you've got licensees and you've got all these other people in place, it's just the nature of this industry and many others. You're going to run into conflict.

"I think that when you have a position and you believe that position to be right, you stick to it. But at the same time, like I've said from the beginning of this, we were never taking a position where we weren't willing to settle, and we were always looking for a way to put that rematch on. We've done it."

In addition to Jackson vs. Ortiz and Chandler vs. Alvarez, Rebney promised there will be other star-studded additions to the Nov. 2 lineup. Alvarez hopes his supporters tune in.

"I want to thank my fans for all the support they've given me throughout this whole thing," he said. "I hope that everyone's happy that Bellator and I were able to reach an agreement and move forward and get a fight that fans want to see. I hope everyone is as excited as I am."

Props: CZAR
Feb 10, 2006
now lets get pat curran on there, or maybe a joe warren, fucc it, ben askren on there and im all in! $25 - $35 are the rumored prices right now for the ppv.

Props: B-Buzz