been gone for a minute

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

45Yr Old Virgin

Franchise War Veteran
Apr 25, 2002
Cuckanada
yourethemannowdog.ytmnd.com
i probably will have an issue trying to convey this but i was wondering, how many of y'all have moved away from where you originally started in life. i figure a lot of you are from northern cali here. i originally grew up in SoCal as a kid in the 80s before i moved to canada in 90s. so anyway, i slowly saw that some people i grew up with had moved even out of state, like arizona or nevada. i guess it just got too expensive in california.

now with me living in toronto, most of the folks i know still live in toronto or at least still within province. i don't see it at prevalent of people and moving way further out often. the only example see of it is folks moving out west to the oil fields of canada for work but that shit is drying out.

i have no idea where i'm going with this long-ass post no one reads but i just saw a youtube video and it made me think about moving up out of where it was comfortable or familiar for you, then the challenges of dealing with being in the new place.

my original question was just to simply as how many of you folks aren't living in your home towns and been gone from there for awhile and how's life been in where ever you lay your head now.

sorry if this shit seems like rambling or too long for folks who hate reading.

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
I grew up in Southern California and lived there until I was 27. It just started getting too expensive. My wife and I moved out to Austin near her family. I had trouble finding a job, so I ended up joining the military so I could provide for my family. We spent 5 years on the east coast, primarily in Georgia, away from both her family and mine. I finished my military obligation and we moved back to Houston and have been here just over two years. We are only a two-hour drive from her family in Austin. I have a job I enjoy out here, finally was able to settle down and purchase a house, and the environment in which I work, consisting of teachers and parents, feels just like a family. I think after 33 years I finally found where I'm supposed to be in life.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
born in socal, lived in the valley, LA & LB before moving up to north oakland, lived there, berkeley and richmond mostly, lived briefly in weak ass walnut creek and un-fairfield, now I'm in San Francisco which got like the most expensive rent in the bay. I don't know where I'm going with this post but I know I'm going to Madrone for Motown on Mondays tonight to go find a bitch to boogie with

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
i probably will have an issue trying to convey this but i was wondering, how many of y'all have moved away from where you originally started in life. i figure a lot of you are from northern cali here. i originally grew up in SoCal as a kid in the 80s before i moved to canada in 90s. so anyway, i slowly saw that some people i grew up with had moved even out of state, like arizona or nevada. i guess it just got too expensive in california.

now with me living in toronto, most of the folks i know still live in toronto or at least still within province. i don't see it at prevalent of people and moving way further out often. the only example see of it is folks moving out west to the oil fields of canada for work but that shit is drying out.

i have no idea where i'm going with this long-ass post no one reads but i just saw a youtube video and it made me think about moving up out of where it was comfortable or familiar for you, then the challenges of dealing with being in the new place.

my original question was just to simply as how many of you folks aren't living in your home towns and been gone from there for awhile and how's life been in where ever you lay your head now.

sorry if this shit seems like rambling or too long for folks who hate reading.
Canada, ha. Fucking loser.