Bay Throwback - Militia "Burn"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
Who on here remembers when this song was out? It got major play in L.A., but I never heard anything else from them other than this song. I remember it bein a colleciton of Bay rappers that were out already, and they weren't like a Digital Underground group that started together, but I never knew who all was in the group. What's the deal with them?

Sep 12, 2005
i remember this song. i think it was a mix of cali people, some la folks and some bay people, sac too i think. there was a thread on this a few months ago and i think some people who bought the album said that it was nothing like the song and it wasn't as good. but i personally have no clue as to anything of their music besides that one song, which i still play a lot.

Nov 16, 2005
lets burrrrn, untill the sun burns your eyes
keep burnin' till it sets on the westsideee
just ride, stay high all niight, let's just ride, stay high all night

hell yeaaaaah i remember that song!!

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
I don't remember any of them being from the Bay, but I may be wrong. I think one dude was from the Valley somewhere.

I looked around just now and it looks like they changed the name to Militia All Stars and dropped a second album called Comin' At Cha in 2003.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
yeah, I used to love the theme to Kevin Nash & the wolfpack on wcw....oh wait, militia.....lol...I remember hearing the album...not really being impressed...but the song & the remix was coo

Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
Oh yeaaaaah....Mr. Tan was in there...he is from Watts, and he was the dude on Snoop and Tyrese "Baby boy" title track from the Baby Boy soundtrack. Ms Toi was on somethin similar too...somebody from DGPC's project a few years ago

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
DJxREMARKABLE said:
one of the dudes from Militia is from Stockton. but yeah, Burn Remix was better than the original. the verses were more hype. remix featured artists i never heard of (Diz, Lord G, Deviuz,Mr Tan & Ms Toi) anybody kno of these peeps?
That's what it was... One was from Stockton.

When the group re-formed as Militia All Stars for the second album Devious was out and it was just Diz, Lord G, Mr. Tan and Ms. Toi.

The video for "Burn" was pretty good.

Dec 6, 2005
Swisher Sweets, Phillie Blunts, Dutchmasters
Vega Papers, man they keep me blasted
And I blast one or two for my revenue if I have to
For now it’s top bangin’, strictly smokin’ and drinkin’
And mighty thought thinkin’ and paper chasin’ Ben Franklins
Lizards on my twos, G-strings and nipple rings
Cigarrellos split open, rollin’ icky sticky lime green
Kn’I mean, I’m high now, but we can still raise the limit
So keep burnin’ spinach
till the moonlight diminish