bay music is officially dead

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
So let me get this straight:

It's a good look for The King of Queens to get "Hyphy" and not know what it is (again, that concept is sooooooo played out) but any other time, if you're not Traxamillion, Hoodstarz, Keak Da Sneak, etc... it's not okay for you to be "Hyphy"?

I'm confused.

Jul 11, 2002
I haven't posted on the Siccness boards for a long time, since back in high school - thats years. But I feel that Mos Def got it right in his song "Fear Not Of Man":

We are Hip-Hop
Me, you, everybody, we are Hip-Hop
So Hip-Hop is goin where we goin
So the next time you ask yourself where Hip-Hop is goin
ask yourself.. where am I goin? How am I doin?

I'm tired of people going along with the thought that since Nas said Hip-Hop is dead, he is right. If hip-hop is dead, so are we. Sure, it is different from what we may believe it is, or from what memory we have of it that we are trying to hold onto. If you believe bay music and hip-hop in general is dead, that is the point from which it is dead. If hip-hop is dead, we killed it by giving up on it. I sure as hell am not gonna give up on it.

Oct 10, 2005
Imonone said:
I think what he means to say is that commercially Bay area rap is dead. No one will ever blow up again. Sad day.
thank you... lol at all you kids on here takin this shit seriously... of course that commercial was funny, but is that the image were tryin to give away as a region? maybe i should change the title to hyphy music is dead since everyone is gettin butt hurt.. correct me if im wrong, but isnt hyphy music about the only music coming out of the bay right now? and wouldnt most of you agree that 90% of the shit that has been released from the bay in the last year been watered down, stolen from someone else, or straight bubblegum? the music is not evolving and no one is doing anything new. its sad that our artists have to resort to this kind of crap to get on basic cable

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
im pretty damn sure the south did shit like this before same wit the east

an honestly, i like it when the bay was underground....WAY better music was made

ever since dre passed its like damn near everyone dumbed down they shit tryna touch the magic dre was workin wit

May 10, 2002
YungGung said:
IT WASNT A FAD WHEN IT WAS JUST A STREET THING BUT THE MEDIA AND SQUARES TURNED IT INTO A SO CALLED MOVEMENT AND KILLED IT
It's not like the rappers called it the Hyphy Movement... Naaaaaahhhh. That never happened. The rappers weren't trying to put a brand name to the music and sell it to the public. Naaaaaaahhhhh... *

*Does Chris Rock impression* "It's the meeeeeeedia!!!" lol... Rappers are such superheroes to some of you that they could never make a bad decision.

*Orange text means sarcasm

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Imonone said:
I think what he means to say is that commercially Bay area rap is dead. No one will ever blow up again. Sad day.
I disagree
the bay had a big year in 05. we saw the emergence of turf talk, the team, mistah fab, frontline, and messy marv, on the radio....
the bay has alot of talent, but like one person mentioned in another thread, fuck what mainstream is doin, forget a trend, and just make music you believe in.