bay area & sacramento rappers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
how come we dont see too many bay area albums that feature sacramento rappers? theres a lot more sac rappers with bay features, but it don't go the other way around. is it cuz most of the sac rap is more on that gangsta shit and the bay is leanin towards the hyphy shit? t-nutty is one of them sac rappers that could have been way bigger out here in the bay if there was more features you feel. t-nutty is tight, but not well known! they sleepin on his talent.

Sep 30, 2005
Shit I don't know... I can't tell you bout the new shit, but even back in the day, you had C-Bo featured on a lot of bay albums, but I can't think of too many others, and there was no hyphy shit, so I don't know what it is. Most bay rappers was more on playa/pimp tip that Sac rappers though...

Sep 12, 2002
i think it is because of hyphy and alot people think Sac Rap isnt a factor in northern cali . i have always catergized sac rap as bay area rap . i cant see SAC BIGGEST NAMES RECORDING A HYPHY TYPE RECORD? can you imagine a BROTHA LYNCH, HOLLOW TIP, GANGSTA DRE, FIRST DEGREE recording a Hyphy type song? that shit would be wack!!

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
no,...the bay is a part of sac!!!!!!!!

hahahahah

i know folks try to lump us up but i condier it more of a sister city than a blanket name,....

the bay is back but sac anit not no dam bay

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
herm96 said:
i think it is because of hyphy and alot people think Sac Rap isnt a factor in northern cali . i have always catergized sac rap as bay area rap . i cant see SAC BIGGEST NAMES RECORDING A HYPHY TYPE RECORD? can you imagine a BROTHA LYNCH, HOLLOW TIP, GANGSTA DRE, FIRST DEGREE recording a Hyphy type song? that shit would be wack!!
you just named a grip of rappers who be sac pioneers though, they too smart to jump on the hyphy bandwagon, they got other ways to get airplay... They already got a sizeable fanbase which is prolly the main reason why they aint goin all hyphy to get the cheez.

I could imagine Doey Rock, C-Dubb, Sumthin Terrible doin a hyphy track cause I think they already have :dead: shits tight.

May 13, 2005
niggaz tryna get it meanin niggas is holdin they on down on they albums. it aint about who can sound the most gangsta on wax it's how u deliever yo shit and how u say it. i dont think its about who rappin hyphy and who gangsta. Bay niggaz aint all hyphy and clubbin i been hearin some grimey turfed shit lately.plus niggas on they own hype. but i give to hollow tip and t-nutty be comin too!

Sep 3, 2004
Geographically Sacramento is definently not the Bay but as for categorizing, most people include Sacramento rap with the Bay, for example, hella cats put Season of the Siccness on their Top 5 Bay Cds etc...

I think that another reason would be the simple fact of numbers, theres a ton more rappers from the Bay than Sac...