Bay Area Rappers With Regular Jobs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 29, 2008
theres nothin wrong with a rapper gettin stable legal money along with rap money i mean niggas cant rap they whole lives and im pretty sure they getting money by any means necessary..who saids no to money now and days ?

Mar 14, 2010
Y'all better get wise.. T-KASH speaks the truth.. aint no shame in having a REAL Job..thats one of life's Experiences. I used to hate to work..but now i realize that all the bullshit i used to do was just a Road block to the Niche i was trying to find.. I went to CYA and i am LUCKY that My POPS had my files Sealed cause Lord knows I prolly wouldnt be workin Right now Based on having an Attempted Murder Charge. on my Record from when i was 13. Fuck what anyone says...do you and get a Job..and if you got one keep it cause you are Blessed to even have it like that. Times are hard right now..Dont mean you gotta be soft. Stay solid and handle buisness.

Nov 23, 2009
aint nothin wrong with having a job... jus dont rap about sellin bricks, riding big whips, and pimpin bitchs...and you live at home with your mom, got a 9-5, and no car! thats fake as fuck...

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
most of the rappers talking about selling bricks that hustle probably never seen anything close to that kind of weight and live with their mom too.

Jan 30, 2004
myspace.com
I havent had a job for 10 years now but what i have had is my own business in heating and air conditioning it feels good to own a business and be my own boss.I cant work for another person im to independent so i support my family by doin my own thing its hard sometimes but pays off.but now ia lso have another hustle which is music and finally after 10 years i am going to be making money in 2011 from the music.

Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
Almost every real rapper I know ( meaning dudes who have actually lived the lives they rap about ) have a 9-5 or legit hustle outside of rap. ANT intelligent human being knows you always have to have a back up plan to your dream...only retards and liars would not admit to having something outside of rap in this age of music sales. Period.

EmDub

Sicc OG
May 11, 2010
I've worked lots of 9-5s, but I've never been cool with the idea of sharecropping to fill someone else's pockets so none of em ever lasted. Now I do my own thing 24/7, mainly selling tickets. The truth is it's alot tougher and alot more work to do your own thing than to work a "regular job". Having a regular job means you get to go home and chill at the end of the day, if you're hustling you always have to be making moves otherwise you'll fall behind and there's no net to catch you if you make a mistake. Alot of rap cats I know work in restaurants or bartend and get tips. If you're really really grinding with music and have made a name for yourself, it's definitely seems possible to get by doing a ton of shows and selling merch, especially if you're putting the shows on yourself. But for the average cat, it's best to have that paycheck, even if it's just for some security.

Apr 21, 2006
I respect any rapper with a 9 to 5. Theyre human too. Just like you. Stop takin things so damn seriously with your fantasy ass scarface world youre living in. Mothafuckas got kids to feed.

May 16, 2002
I just got my job back at the morgue. I was laid off for awhile due to lack of work to do. I guess you could say it died down for awhile :cheeky:

Jan 30, 2004
myspace.com
MAN FUCK ALL THAT BULLSHIT, IF YOU RAPPIN ABOUT PIMPIN HOES SELLIN DOPE IN YO RAPS AND YOU WORK 9 TO 5'S FUCK YOU FOR BEING A FAKE ASS NIGGA STRAIGHT UP, STICK TO HIP HOP U FUCKIN FAGGOTS
haha who says everyone raps about pimp and hoes have u ever had a job?? its called the real world with real responsibilities im not gonna depend on rap to pay me but when it does than cool and i got family to take care of fuck penitentary chances thats dumb

Jun 28, 2009
Deep East Oakland, CA
haha who says everyone raps about pimp and hoes have u ever had a job?? its called the real world with real responsibilities im not gonna depend on rap to pay me but when it does than cool and i got family to take care of fuck penitentary chances thats dumb
If the shoe fit wear it, I gives a fuck about you or any other rapper on here you niggas suck, but I'm saying if you rapping bout that street life and ain't really mobbin fuck you fo being a fake ass nigga straight up I'm tired of seeing these fake ass niggas rappin, or the most part muthafuckas that can't rap for shit, ahahahahahaha.