Bay Area On The Decline

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-12

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.a-wax.com
Real talk Mac, as always.

Mak X: There are more than 20 right now but off the top of my head...Done Deal, East Co Co, Out of Bounds, Gangway/Madman, Supernatural, 40 Ounce, Get Low/Black Wall Street, Killa Valley, One 4 Us/ABA, Hometeam, YBB, Outlaw, Siccness, Outbreak, Scalen, Possi, Big Treez, Inner City, Dreamteam, Asphalt, Realside, Sicc-A-Cell, Money Hungry, Jus Family, Hogglife, Ghetto World, Right Way, Five Star, Primetime, Black Power, and Temple.

There are others but those are who I can think of now.

Apr 25, 2002
EXAMPLES:
Mac Mall-Immaculate
San Quinn-The Mighty Quinn
AP9-Headshotz
AP9-WWMF
Fully Loaded-Reloaded
Done Deal Fam-Runs in the Fam
Mac Dre- Mac Dre is the Name
Luni Coleone-In the Mouth of Maddness
Heated Speeches Comp
X Raided and Kingpin
Brotha Lynch and C-bo-Blocc Movement
West Coast Mafia
Cozmo-Coz Pachino
The Unexpected-You Didn't Know???
E-40-Grit and Grind
Lynch and Cin Sity-The Plague
The Jacka
Yukmouth-Thuglord
Luniz-Silver and Black
Mr. Kee-The Latin Plague

May 10, 2002
Mac, I gotta agree with that....a lot of these so-called artists just pump out some garbage and think they are gonna get sales...that time has come and gone and people aren't taking chances on new records like they used to...I know for me all it took was buying a couple sorry albums and I opened my eyes (and you know I've bought more than a couple).

I like what Kev Ski said too...look at that new Scarface album and how that album was laid out...for any rappers out there that are tight, any of them have the capabilities to make a good solid album, it just may take time. I guarantee though, if you can pump out a mediocre album or take your time and create a real masterpiece- that will be way more valuable to you and the people buying it from you and starting up your fan base.

B-12- Do you and your camp always listen to albums before you distribute them and decide whether you think they're good enough, or is it just mainly based on the buzz the artists created?

Grant Theft

B-12

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.a-wax.com
ChopShop: Unfortunately, as I explained in an older post, its impossible for us to listen to every album a label submits. For example: If I distribute Outlaw Recordz and they have already pout out ten albums through us, I can't very well reject one that I don't like. It doesn't work that way in distribution. Furthermore, I may not like all of the shit I distribute (as I have discovered) but others may like it. SO alot of the time, we have to base it on sound quality, sales history, buzz, or marketing budget. I can't like everything and there would be a whole lot of people not getting distributed if I had to like everyone's shit. Everyone got a chance. We are just cleaning up our mistakes now.

Peace.

Jul 10, 2002
this is the reason i only listen to Will Smith and Shaw Powers, cause thats the real shit...

LMAO!!!!

b12 and Mac...ya'll got some good points regarding the game, we got 15 years old that wanna "blow up" right when they touch the mic, everybody and they momma got a tape out....and everybody got one "coming soon" then you got cats droppin 5 tapes in 3 months and just slappin shit together.....niggas recycling tracks 3 and 4 times....garbage compilations with nobodies on them that make you wish you never even bought it , and you tried to "give em a chance...it might be tight" I remeber all i would support is local or unheard of artists...now i pretty much stick with what i know (and 1/2 the time i still want my money back)

Its about quality, not quantity....if you copleted 5 cds and nobodies heard of you still...maybe you need a new profession.

just my $4.15

Apr 25, 2002
I DISAGREE 100%

Mista CaNE said:
Although 9 out of 10 rappers need to give it up. I also think the problem is people support to many rappers because there vets. Them older cats have connections but still put out half ass shit. It's time the bay and fans in general start taking chances on some quality new artists.
Alot of folks keep screaming what you saying but yall don't never mention no names. It's time to start calling out names instead of complaining about who needs to give it up. I love plenty of bay artists. Most of it has to do with LACK OF TV & RADIO EXPOSURE!!! Yall got it twisted!!! It's 100's of cats on the eastcoast, midwest, and dirty south that don't get exposure either. Yall making judgments based on what you see on tv. SNOOP, DAZ, KURUPT, COMPTONS MOST WANTED, SOUTH CENTRAL CARTEL, C BO, MESSY MARV, LUNI COLEONE, SAN QUINN, KILLA TAY, & a gang of other westcoast artists put it down big time but just don't get exposure like they used too. Holla...

May 10, 2002
B-12- thanks for the response. That makes sense with distribution for sho- meet the demand regardless and hope it's something that everyone enjoys. I know one quality album ya'll will be puttin out and another compilation and both of them got Ecay Uno's name all over them. Keep up the good work... Grant Theft

May 13, 2002
LOU,FIRST OF AL MOST PEOPLE DOWN SOUTH STAY IN THE LAB TILL THEY HAVE SOME HOT SHIT LOOK AT LIL FLIP DO YOU THINK HE JUST CAME OUT OF NOWHERE? HELL NO ! HE BEN AROUND FOR A WHILE LEANRNIN THE ART, SAME WIT ALOT OF ACTS FROM HOUSTON, I CAN SPEAK ON IT CUZ I SPEND ALOT OF TIME THERE,

ASFAR AS SAYING NAMES,IF WE START THAT THEN ITS TAKEN AS HATING BUT WE ALL HAVE A GOOD IDEA OF WHO GOT PRODUCT AND WHO DONT

TV AND RADIO DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT,MOST BAY RAP IS NOT MEANT FOR THE RADIO SO WHY SHOULD THEY PLAY IT? IF I HAD A STATION AND IM TRYIN TO MAKE MONEY THEN I DONT THINK ID BE PLAYIN ALOT OF IT MYSELF,

LOOK AT ROCK MUSIC AND THEN YOU WILL START TO UNDERSTAND WHERE RAP AS A WHOLE IS HEADED,ONLY THE STRONG AND TALENTED WILL BE AROUND ITS TO CROWED AND EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS TO BASICS OF PUTTING OUT AN ALBUM

THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IS EGOS, I CAN DO IT BY MYSELF TYPE SHIT, GIVE ME A DECENT ARTIST AND $40 AND ILL SELL 100k+
HOW? GOOD STUDIO+GOOD SUBJECT MATTER+GOOD PRODUCTION=GOOD SELLS

TOP PRODUCERS
1.EA-SKI &CMT
2.DJ FUSE
3.SHOCK G
4.TONE CAPONE
5.ANT BANKS
6.SEAN-T
7.C-FUNK
8.PARIS
9.RICK ROCK
10.KYREE
11.FERG
12.MIKE MOSLEY
13.SAM BOSTIC
14.KT THA ORCHASTRATA

Props: BUTCHER 206
Apr 25, 2002
those are the top producers...
but none of them are close to affordable
(except C-Funk and that's just cus i'm good friends with his family)

anyone that's heard me spit...(and no i don't mean that tracks i put on the net for y'all) knows i can do somethin different and more exciting then a lot of cats out the bay right now...

but no producer wants to give me a chance...
I'LL PUT IT LIKE THIS...
MAKE ME A BEAT...IF IT AIN'T ONE OF THE HOTTEST TRACKS YOU EVER PRODUCED...TAKE IT BACK

i'll make a bold ass statement like that...and i'm prepared to back it up...but none of these producers wanna drop a beat cheaper then they usually do...
i'm 19 and broke...got nothin but the roof over my head and my gift of gab...how the hell am i gonna ever make it without them cats throwin me a bone?

there ain't no labels into artist development anymore...it's ONE RECORD DEALS that are ruining bay rap...i want to see a label sign an artist...work with him, to get him better...teach him the foundation of making a song(cus too many mothafuckas out there don't know how to make a real song...kev prolly know what i mean) the only label i see doing this is Done Deal...no one else

when are we gonna see a label swoop up a young cat and mold him into a marquee player like a major league football team?
say they got some rookie...REAL GOOD and just never taught him anything about the majors...he'd flop
the rap game is the same way

like i said before....we ain't gon ever have no one else like Pac in the bay...CUS HE WON'T BE ABLE TO BUY NO DAMN BEATS...and will never get heard
and if any labels out there are serious about lookin for some REAL TALENT...and are dedicated to making good music and getting THE LONG CASH instead of the fast and short cash...holla at me...i'm down to work

May 13, 2002
MOE I UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT,LOOK THEY'ER POINT 10-15 YEARS PUTTIN WORK AND NOW YOU WANT IT FOR FREE OR CHEAP? FUCK NO! BEING A PRODUCER FROM BACK IN THE DAY TOOK ALOT OF WORK NOT HOW IT IS TODAY,GO BUT A TRITON A MPC AND PROTOOLS AND ITS ALL GOOD,BACK THEN YOU DIDINT HAVE ALL THAT SHIT AND WHAT WAS AROUND COST A GRIP!
DONT EXPECT ANY TOP PRODUCER TO HAVE MERCY ON YOU,I FEEL FOR YOU BUT UNDERSTAND THEM MOST OF THEM HAVE NO OTHER SOURCE OF INCOME OR TRUE JOB SKILLS,THIS IS THE'ER JOB THE BEST WAY IS TO FIND AN INVESTER THAT UNDERSTANDS THE BIZZ,THEN GET YOUR CONSULTANTS,THEN FIND YOUR PRODUCERS,MANAGERS,PROMOTERS,ETC,UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WONT SEE VERY MUCH IF ANY MONEY CUZ IT WES SPENT ON YOUR PROJECT AND YOU NEED TO MAKE IT TO YOUR SECOND OR THIRD ALBUM BEFORE YOU SEE ANY REAL MONEY,ALSO TRY TO STAY WITH THE SAME PRODUCTION TEAM,ITS YOUR SIGNATURE SOUND ITS WHAT PEOPLE EXPECT FROM YOU TIME AFTER TIME

Apr 25, 2002
no doubt...
like i said...i'm lookin for long slow cash...not short fast cash...
and i understand about the producers...but shit...they ain't sellin no beats with those prices...mothafuckas wanna be stuborn and shit...
there is a drop in the economy ON EvERY LEVEL...that include bay area rap...
they gotta understand they will never start sellin beats at those prices(selling enough to keep them healthy) if they don't drop the prices at first and get some work out there...no ones gonna know who they are and they're name don't mean shit...

all i'm tryin to say is...if khayree dropped his beats to a G...i'd go pull some 2L'z and buy some...

but he sellin for 10 G'z(that's a figure i heard from someone)...who from the bay gon buy that?

May 13, 2002
K DONT ASK THAT MUCH,BUT CLOSE TO IT,ITS CUZ TO MANY CATS WANT MUSIC FROM HIM,IF HE PLAYS HIS NAME OUT THEN HE AINT GONNA BE WORTH SHIT,ALSO MOST OF THESE TOP PRODUCERS MAKE MOST OF THEY'ER MONEY OUTSIDE THE BAY,ITS CATS FROM L.AL. AND DOWN SOUTH AND MIDWEST THAT ARE BUYING MUSIC FROM THEM,
THE MONEY THAT THEY ASK FOR IS AN ADVANCMENT FROM ROYALTIES FROM FUTURE ALBUM SALES ,ITS NOT LOKE YOU JUST BOUGHT THE BEAT AND YOUR GONE,

ID REATHER DO ONE BEAT FOR JAY-Z FOR 30k THEN DO 15 BEATS FOR 2K WITH LOCAL CATS, THATS WHAT RICK ROCK DID AND IT PAID OFF IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE HE GOT MORE EXPOSURE AND HE AINT GOT TO DEAL WITH NO BULLSHIT LIKE FOOLS CRYIN BOUT THE PRICE AND SHIT ,MOE-IF YOU WANT TO PLAY WIT THE BIG BOYS THEN YOU GOTTA PAYEM SIMPLE AS THAT

Apr 25, 2002
right...
i guess your right...

basically tho'
the bay will never be shit...
when the generation of rappers that are making it right now die out...the whole bay rap game will die out

cus mothafuckas ain't makin no money out here right?
so they ain't gonna get no beats from the right cats....right?
so we're just gonna have bullshit music from then on in the bay i guess

May 13, 2002
ITS NOT THAT BAD BUT IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY,ONLY THE TRUE ARTIST WITH THE RIHGT CONNECTIONS ARE GONNA BE AROUND,
NOT EVERYONE SHOULD BE PUTTIN OUT ALBUMS,ALOT OF PEOPLE ON THE SICC THAT PUT ALBUMS I BUY AND END UP MAD AS FUCK,TOMUCH HYPE IF YOU WANT ILL NAME NAMES,I DONT CARE AT THIS POINT FUCK IT SOMEBOBY GOTTA START.
DONT GIVE UP MOE-YOU GOT A GOOD HEAD AND PASSION FOR YOUR ART,IF ITS GONNA HAPPEN THEN ITS GONNA JUST BE READY FOR ANYTHING THAT COMES YOUR WAY AND NEVER LET SUCCESS CHANGE WHO YOU ARE,REMEMBER-YOU SEE THE SAME FACES ON THE WAY UP AS YOU DO GOING DOWN

Apr 25, 2002
i agree with you as well...
there's not one artist on the siccness i'd buy an album from that don't already know i support them(the ones i support know who they are...)

"people think that if you get paper you got it all
but if i never make a million least i got balls"
RAY LUV...
i'll live by those words with money or not

right on for the blessings