Bay Area artists that aint' makin the grade....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

TKO

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
Ok before you start getting all pissed off...this post is not meant to a hater post...this is a post to see all the artists past and present...that have let us down in one way or another...mind you...what i like..you might not like..so this is based on the opinion of yourself...so let's not take things too serious and start internet gangbanging again....:dead:

Ok...for me...

SPICE-1 (after 1990 SICK, I haven't heard any solid albums from him since)

MAC MALL-(His delivery still tight, but it seems he come tighter on compilations then he does on his own cds...his last album I wasn't that impressed with..mebbe it was the beats)

E-40-(He puts out average cds, but I expect so much more from such a talented artist like himself...IN A MAJOR WAY is his best effort to date so far to me)

MAC DRE-(He got lyrics, but his beats ain't hittin like before...his last release wasn't too shabby, but I thought it was a bit short on tracks and the beats were average)

Apr 25, 2002
TKO said:
Ok before you start getting all pissed off...this post is not meant to a hater post...this is a post to see all the artists past and present...that have let us down in one way or another...mind you...what i like..you might not like..so this is based on the opinion of yourself...so let's not take things too serious and start internet gangbanging again....:dead:

Ok...for me...

SPICE-1 (after 1990 SICK, I haven't heard any solid albums from him since)

MAC MALL-(His delivery still tight, but it seems he come tighter on compilations then he does on his own cds...his last album I wasn't that impressed with..mebbe it was the beats)

E-40-(He puts out average cds, but I expect so much more from such a talented artist like himself...IN A MAJOR WAY is his best effort to date so far to me)

MAC DRE-(He got lyrics, but his beats ain't hittin like before...his last release wasn't too shabby, but I thought it was a bit short on tracks and the beats were average)
spice 1-black bossolini is his sickest album and one of the best albums period....

mac dre has always been the sickest but after rapper gone bad it sounds like hes gettin cheap with his beats....

May 8, 2002
Too $hort

after album #10 all his shit has sounded the same (his shit has always sounded the same, but album #10 was his last tight album)

Apr 25, 2002
Guce. Pure Pressure and Clear & Present Danger were both knockin as fuck, especially Pure Pressure, But of recently his voice and flow come off like his tryin to sound like DMX. Is this just me or has anybody else noticed?

T

thug_proppa

mac dre has really been letting me down just because of the beats.

spice 1, i think black bossolini is one of the best every also there were come banging tracks off of shit why cant i remember the name. i mean high powered in the wind shit like that that cd was tight ass hell. and im definetly feeling spiceberg slim

mac mall ive always felt his shit no matter what.

honestly tech n9ne hasnt lived up to my expectations. i mean his cd is tight but just not up to what i feel he can do. same as yuk his shit is nice but just aint the level as some of his guest apperences.

just my thoughts

May 16, 2002
Mac Dre was tight i thought, he hasnt come as tight as he used to be though
WHen untouchable 2000 by mac mall came out i was too disappointed. Wide Open was coo but taht was bout it
late

Apr 25, 2002
I agree with you. Of course we are all really big fans and thinks its hot shit, but I think between the bay and sac there are about 8 rappers that release a solid product that I will buy no matter what, most rappers I listen to from the bay I feel are very suspect, I never know if Im getting a good product or a half ass 10 day cd with recycled track.

Apr 25, 2002
I dissagree wit some of you on the Mac Mall issue. I think Immaculate is his best cd to date. Listen to the lyrics. He's older and smarter now and it shows. Good shit. The beats is knoccin' too; I don't see how some of you think they laggin'. That's just "My Opinion" though. PEACE OUT!

C

Crack Raider

The newest cellski really wasnt up to par.
11/5 aint the same as they used to be
Spice is weak nowadays
Too $horts albums are wack
Mac Mall has put out some average shit
The deliquents make me sick
Killa Tay is racist
Suga T makes me earl
C-Bo's latest release got about 2 days play from me
Lynch needs to come sicc again
E-40 needs In a Major way part 2

oh yeah RBL hasnt put out a tight album since Mr Cee died

May 6, 2002
Too Short-His album "Chase The Cat" was garbage, only two good songs.

Dru Down-I liked his last two albums, but I feel he come MUCH better than that.

E-40-"Loyalty and Betrayal" was garbage also, hopefully "Grit and Grind" will be better. But Fabulous???????

Screw it, all three should make an album together, with beats by Ant Banks. That would be tight.