Baron OPTS out?!?!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 7, 2003
Just got confirmation from the Warriors: Baron Davis, the man who led Golden State to its first playoff berth in 13 seasons, has opted out from the final year of his deal, passing up $17.8 million in order to gain his freedom after talks about an extension went pretty much nowhere.

More to come later.

Jan 18, 2006
obviously but if he would have took the money they could have traded him. Now he go where ever the fuck he wants

Jan 2, 2004
You can still do a sign and trade if you guys have the birds rights to him, which I think you do.

And you can still extend him if you have the birds rights, which I think you do.

Jun 27, 2005
quit acting like bitches. GS owns his bird rights and can offer him more money than anyone else and a longer contract than anyone else. The only way he wont be a Warrior next year is if the Warriors don't want him. The W's can match any offer he gets from any other team.

Jan 2, 2004
Also if he doesn't want to be a Warrior, he won't be a Warrior.. He isn't restricted, so its not like any offer that he gets, The Warriors can match and he'll be forced to accept.

But I still think he'll either be signed and traded or come back to the Warriors.

Aug 7, 2003
quit acting like bitches. GS owns his bird rights and can offer him more money than anyone else and a longer contract than anyone else. The only way he wont be a Warrior next year is if the Warriors don't want him. The W's can match any offer he gets from any other team.
link to me where you got the info we got his bird rights. i think he signed the contract that he got now before bird rights went into effect. but i guess his contract is no longer valid. so well see.

Jan 18, 2006
@ Robby2Slobby, what makes you think that his age? I doubt the Warriors can afford him so i only see him being traded

Jun 27, 2005
link to me where you got the info we got his bird rights. i think he signed the contract that he got now before bird rights went into effect. but i guess his contract is no longer valid. so well see.
I didnt get that info off the net, But I'm fairly certain GS can keep him if they want him. GS can match any offer. Worst case scenario he forces a s&t.

Aug 7, 2003
baron kinda stabbed the warriors in teh back if they didnt know he was going to do this (still possible at this time) becuase 3-4 days ago he said he wasnt going to opt out of his contract.