Badtripp - Poccet Checc (2012) is out now...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2012
Check out this page to preview tracks and buy this album if you like it - this album was produced by Docc Free, Forte and Badtripp himself:

Bandcamp page: Badtripp

So far this album is available in digital download ($10) but in December he's planning to press the physical copies and sell them thru Amazon, etc.

Badtripp aka Tripple Double is the solo Rap Artist from Montbello, (Neighborhood of north-east Denver,CO).
He has been rapping and producing music since 1993. His alias rap name is Ecclesi Colossi (gospel rap).
His first solo album was released through On Tha Blocc Records (indie lable) in 1997 which was titled Pain B4 Pleasure which sold only 700 copies (cd/cassette) but received worldwide attention a decade later for its classic "Drive-By Mid 90's" sound.

Check out the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-JjT0uwCjg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeQjuBy4yV4

Last edited:
Props: Mixerr
Feb 12, 2012
Here's some news from Badtripp: "I just got the approval for the hard copy. CD comin soon". Stay tuned, I'll keep it updated on the CD release here...

Props: Mixerr
Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
Just ordered...

I just ordered my copy and I already had the album for free. We can all expect freebies and say that we support each other, but...put your money where your mouth is and show support.

Does it matter if the album is from the mid 90's to early to 2000's, or does good music matter the most?

This album is good music that happens to be G-Funk driven...

Everybody knows that Tripple Dub is my lil homie/like a lil brother to me, so I got the digital album from him for free, but this album is so tight and I respect him so much that I went out and bought it anyway.

Don't talk about it...be about it!!!

Feb 12, 2012
I just ordered my copy and I already had the album for free. We can all expect freebies and say that we support each other, but...put your money where your mouth is and show support.

Does it matter if the album is from the mid 90's to early to 2000's, or does good music matter the most?

This album is good music that happens to be G-Funk driven...

Everybody knows that Tripple Dub is my lil homie/like a lil brother to me, so I got the digital album from him for free, but this album is so tight and I respect him so much that I went out and bought it anyway.

Don't talk about it...be about it!!!
It's REAL TALK... for me it's never doesn't matter whether it's mid 90's or 2012 music, it just should be good to justify for a purchase and make me wanna bang it in my system.

Also, we're at g-funk.ws/blog are just making a post with an exclusive interview by Badtripp that I have received back from him today and I'll post the link to this post here shortly...

I'm ordering my copy of the CD too, this album is a must have in my collection although I also had a free copy of the digital album from Badtripp a few days back.

Jan 6, 2003
I've ordered it off the createspace page. If it's a CDR it's official and I support this project no matter what. I was thinking more if it was a CD created by amazon or not, because I've seen a couple of amazon CD-R on demand covers and they have this ugly frame on the cover art haven't they?

Feb 12, 2012
I've ordered it off the createspace page. If it's a CDR it's official and I support this project no matter what. I was thinking more if it was a CD created by amazon or not, because I've seen a couple of amazon CD-R on demand covers and they have this ugly frame on the cover art haven't they?
Yes, this will be CD created by Amazon as Badtripp has been going thru hard times in his life with no money to invest in CD so it was the way that he could bring the CD to the people. Let's see what we receive for the CD but whatever we receive will be official & original pressing and this matters more than anything else to me.

Here's theExclusive Interview with Badtripp that he gave to our blog yesterday and for those who aint read it on the blog for some reason:

G-Funk.ws: First of all, g-funk.ws team wants to thank you for giving us this interview.
- Why Badtripp? You was Tripple Double/Dub for years, don’t you think the listener will be confused a little with this change?
Badtripp: I changed my name to Badtripp for 3 reasons. The name Tripple Double was originated by an O.G. homie in East Side Denver, the East Side Denver Crips is the biggest and most organized black gang in Colorado. (East Side Rollin 30′s). East Side Denver is that inner city life, and I am from Montbello. Montbello to Denver is like Compton to L.A. The homie from Tragniew Park Compton Crip told me this. East Side Denver (Hood) is rollin 30th ave, 32, 33, 34, 35, 37. Montbello gang hood is 44th to 56th. So I couldn’t keep the name Tripple Double because of hood poiltics. I used Tripple Double from 1997 to 2011. Tripple Dub came from the Tre Duece Crips, but as you know I’m from 46th Sicc Blocc Crip. So this is the first reson why I changed my name because being from Montbello 46th Ave with an East Side name just didn’t work. Second reason, I needed to reinvent myself as an artist. Third reason, I was introduced to Sly and The Family Stone’s music as a child by my father Donald Fisher. Sly Stone had that drug feel in his music as if he was high and coked out as he was recording and i thought that was just freakin brilliant and creative, hence the name Badtripp. I wanted to become what Sly Stone was and is. Badtripp in a nutshell is a dose of sarcasm because I don’t do drugs and mostly everyone thinks I do. For the listeners, Me changin to Badtripp was a leap of faith, I listen to God always. God gave me the cofidence to let go of Tripple Dub to become Badtripp. Turning over a new leaf if you will.

G-Funk.ws: How do you feel the g-funk game nowadays? You know that not so many key figures left in genre, speaking of US.
But the movement became more International now. What do you think about these changes?
Badtripp: I am so glad that G-funk is international now. I talk to a few well known artist from L.A. These artist are burnt out and are needing something new. I understand how they feel. They’ve been doin this type music for over 20 years. Even myself (17 years) This why I’m drawn to guys like BC Powda and Docc Free because they have a space age, soul-feel, new age type of production. Gotta love the old G-funk from the 90′s, but me personally, growing up in the gang lifestyle was a real time for us. So when I hear young producers making old school G-funk, I appreciate it but I can’t fucc wit it because it just reminds me of drive by’s and funerals. G-funk has evolved into a beautiful thang. We all know G-funk came from California, but i’m from Colorado, I was raised wit Tom Browne’s «Funkin For Jamaica». 70 and 80′s funk. I’m not from the West Coast but I’m West wit it. Colorado is West. G-funk should be from the soul. I used to make «drive by» music on purpose. I wanted people to buy my music specifically for the hooride. G-funk should always be gritty and hood, bandanas and Chuck’s. For the good times and the bad. Something to cruise to.

G-Funk.ws: We know that you released the EP with Docc Free on production. Do you like his way of his music thinkin’?
Badtripp: I’ve been producing since 1996 and I know music pretty well. Docc Free is just a fuccin genius, I cannot figure this guy out. It takes alot to impress me and Docc Free blows my mind. It’s a privilege and a dream come to true to work with him.

G-Funk.ws: The tracks from EP are going to be included in full-length CD called Poccet Checc. Is there anything you want to tell the listener about this album?
Badtripp: I did most of the production on my album like always. This album is super clean compared to Tripple Dub’s
previous releases, more professional sound. I mastered the album myself and did the artwork.

G-Funk.ws: Who and/or what inspiring you to make music now? With whom from current generation of the movement do you want to collaborate with?
Badtripp: My inspiration comes from just the love for music period. There’s difference between makin beats and producing.
Makin’ beats is one thing which is more popular now. To me, G-funk it’s more like a composing a sound track to life.
Don’t get me wrong though, makin beats is dope skill, I’m trying to learn that skill. I can produce or compose, but makin a slappin azz beat is different.
I want to colab with Young Maylay, Ice Cube, Snoop, Dre, Dub C, DJ Battlecat, Kurupt & Daz and anybody with that Battlecat style of production which we call «C Walk Special».

Feb 12, 2012
i went to that createspace.com and saw is an amazon company :(
so i will wait for feedback first before ordering cd from them
Yes, this will be Amazon only as Badtripp made a deal for this CD with them. Even if you see this CD is sold somewhere else afterwards, you gotta know that the first original pressing (I'm not sure if this CD will be ever repressed or rereleased) was made thru Amazon. Otherwise, this CD wouldn't see the light of a day.

Jan 6, 2003
Well, the "problem" with the amazon deal is that they are printed on demand, not in first or second press batches. That means that 10 years from now on, if someone want a CD of this album he can just place an order through amazon and get one exactly like the one I'll get in a couple of weeks. it sort of kills the thrill of collecting different pressings of albums because it's not repressed, it's continously pressed

Feb 12, 2012
Well, the "problem" with the amazon deal is that they are printed on demand, not in first or second press batches. That means that 10 years from now on, if someone want a CD of this album he can just place an order through amazon and get one exactly like the one I'll get in a couple of weeks. it sort of kills the thrill of collecting different pressings of albums because it's not repressed, it's continously pressed
Thanks for explaining, I've never dealt with or seen Amazon CD's pressed on demand, and I hope this will be first and last CD (pressed by Amazon on demand) that I buy. I had to order this one because this album is too dope and digital files are not really enough for me (speaking of this album).

Jan 25, 2009
Thanks for explaining, I've never dealt with or seen Amazon CD's pressed on demand, and I hope this will be first and last CD (pressed by Amazon on demand) that I buy. I had to order this one because this album is too dope and digital files are not really enough for me (speaking of this album).
my main problem with amazon on demand pressing is that they do not use wav to it just they press mp3s they selling so its lowers quality anyway so in such a case u better of buying mp3 from them