Backstreet Mentality (Scoot Dogg & Mr. Ke Weed)......

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

thc

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
How many songs do they have???? I can recall 2, 1 from Herm's "Still Trying to Survive in the Ghetto" (Ill Look, heater 9.5/10) & "Strictly for the Streets" (Top Notch, another bumble 10/10), I know they got other features individually, just trying to see if they got other tracks as a group..........

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
Back Street Mentality had a whole underground album finished back in the day. Shit was bangin. Them cats was like 15-16 then. That shit woulda blew. It was Scoot, Mr. Keeweed, Money Marc and Bandaid from Nevalegal....

thc

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
Shit I remember Scoot flowing his ass off up in Carlmont back in like '92-'93. Didn't they have their album ready back in like '95??? 'Cause I remember talking to Scoot around the time Herm's 2nd comp dropped & he said they had it ready but Kee-Weed got locked up. I still be seeing 1 of the Neva Legal members around, forgot dude's name..........hey Mac what should we be looking out for from the Town (besides your new album of course=)???? What's up with the Ten Dolla album??? Scoot's???? what up S.I.C's new shit (too heated, heard it, loved it)????

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
SEAN T IS FINISHING UP HIS ALBUM CALLED BOSS UP, SCOOT WAS WORKIN ON SOMETHIN BUT IT WAS NOT A SOLO PROJECT, HE MORE ABOUT HIS HUSTLE THAN MUSIC. THE S.I.C. ALBUM MAY NEVER COME OUT, IT'S 2-3 YEARS OLD ANYWAY. FROM WHAT I KNOW THE GROUP IS NOT TOGETHER ANYMORE(THAT'S UNOFFICIAL THOUGH). MAC & A.K. IS FINISHING UP THE FOLLOW UP ALBUM TO MONEY RHYMES, NEVALEGAL HAS TWO MEMBERS IN THE PEN SO THEY HOLDIN OFF WORKIN ON A NEW ONE UNTIL THEY BOTH OUT, WE PUTTIN OUR COMP ON HOLD UNTIL NEXT YEAR. MONEY MONT GOT A SOLO CALL CRUEL INTENTIONS, TEN DOLLA IS HUSTLIN SO HIS ALBUM IS FAR FROM FINISHED AND SINCE AD KAPONE IS LOCKED UP THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER TOTALLY INSANE ALBUM OUT OF RESPECT. MONEY QUEST ENT. JUST DROPPED TWO ALBUMS. ONE BY THE KOCK HOUNDS AND A COMP WITH ARTIST FROM ALL OVER EAST PALO ALTO AND EAST MENLO PARK. DJ STAG PRODUCED BOTH ALBUMS.... EPA CATS ALWAYS GOT REAL LIFE STREET SHIT GOIN ON, AND BECAUSE THE CITY IS SO SMALL THE REPRESENTATION IS FEW. BUT THE CATS THATS SERIOUS IS FIGHTIN TO KEEP THE TOWN ALIVE MUSICALLY. IT AINT LIKE OAKLAND OR SF WHERE IT'S HUNDREDS OF RAPPERS. TO LOSE JUST A FEW OF OUR SOLDIERS TO THE GAME OF LIFE IS A BIG BLOW FOR A SMALL CITY.

thc

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
^^^^^Real fuckin' talk riiiggght derrrrrr. Shit the only time I catch Scoot IS when he's grinding, also that Neva Legal member I was talking about. Ain't nothing new though, Chunk, Ad, & Mac used to grind around Shop 'N Go back in the days too. Wasn't Scoot working on a track for a comp or samething like that??? Let us know ANYTHING PlayBoy

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
ON THAT BACKSTREET ALBUM....

they never pressed it up, so you'll probably never find it. Scoot got a whole underground album done too. his rap name was D-Nut and the album was called THE FLUKE. He was about 15 then. TC did most of the beats. NEVALEGAL is from EMP but EMP and EPA is basically all the same. You can't rep one with out the other.

thc

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
M&M Hoodz pop, pop, pop 'til you drop

Hey yo Mac I picked up the Money Quest comp this weekend.......man str8 HEAT!!!!!! Did you produce anything on that???? 'Cause I can tell a couple of beats were done by Sean T & there were a couple that sounded like your work. Everybody else snatch this!!!!!

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
YEAH I PRODUCED ONE OF THE TRACKS. I PRODUCED NUMBER 10 CALLED WESTSIDE. MONEY QUEST IS MY PEOPLES. THEY JUST GETTIN THEIR FEET WET IN THE GAME. IF YOU LIKE THE COMP PICK UP THEIR GROUP RELEASE CALLED THE KOCK HOUNDZ THE ALBUM IS CALLED ON EVERYTHING MOVIN. THE KOCK HOUNDZ IS EAST MENLO PARKS OWN SMOOTH J AND MR. ALIAS. SMOOTH IS A EAST MENLO LEGEND. HE GOT MAJOR FLOWS... PICK THAT UP DJ STAG PRODUCED BOTH ALBUMS EXCEPT THE CUT I PRODUCED AND THE FEW SEAN T PRODUCED. HE IS A PRODUCER FROM MENLO TO LOOK OUT FOR AND HE'S WORKIN ON HIS SOLO RIGHT NOW...

thc

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
yeah I was gonna pick that album up as well but it came down to another cd or a bomb sack & the sack won =), I'll definitely snatch it when I get a chance if the same dude that produced this comp produces on that...............