Backpack Rap

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2006
They Bay has always had a good "backpack" (not my word) rap scene. Are there any "backpack" rappers that will benefit from the attention that the bay is getting. If so, who? Are there any that both "backpackers" and hyphy cats would like.

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
kle said:
Uhmmm still doesnt explain what backpack rap is.
iono wtf backpack rap is but i think he's talkin about cats like casual,zion i,blackalicious and other rappers like them

Feb 8, 2004
www.youtube.com
troubleman said:
They Bay has always had a good "backpack" (not my word) rap scene. Are there any "backpack" rappers that will benefit from the attention that the bay is getting. If so, who? Are there any that both "backpackers" and hyphy cats would like.
Im in 2 groups with 2 different kinds of markets/
I'm a real mc A.K.A. starving artist/

check out my cru Distant Relatives....

http://www.myspace.com/distantrelatives

Apr 22, 2005
I read that the ON THE BLOCK interviewed Zion and Quannum,gotta get all aspects of the Bay in there.stupid ignorant ass niggas only hate on shit they dont know about.The Coup lyrics>>>>>your favorite hyphy song

Jan 26, 2006
Jack Tracks said:
yep, CASUAL is definately one... gotta go with ZION-I, they had to have got some new fans when they put clyde, turfy, an quinn on the remix to the single of their album... they got me as a new fan

Casual isn't backpack rap, but his crew sometimes is considered that.

kle

Sicc OG
Nov 22, 2005
Someone please put me up on game. What is backpack rap? I aint hatin on nothin, never said i did. If its anything like zion I then i dig it. But fill a nigga in.

Jan 26, 2006
HiT-2-TiMeS said:
ok so....what the fuck is backpack rap?
It is more of a negative term.

BlackStar-Mos Def Talib Kweli probably all of Rawkus Records except Kool G.Rap.
MF Doom
Cage
Atmosphere
Kool Keith
Del
Souls Of Mischief

I would say sometimes "conscious rap" is called "backpack rap", even Kool Keith & MF Doom are called "Backpack Rap", but they are more abstract.

Basically Not commercial & Not Gangster Rap.

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
its real spoken word where u actually listen to tha lyrics instead of just goin dumb to tha beat even tho tha beats is sick too i usually listen to this typa shit wen i'm done blowin a bleezy n tryna chill