Automatic 1st week sales?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
First off soundscan counts for almost half of sales. Does anyone really get the business side of selling records? Doing over 2,000 first week(what cognito did) Do you even understand that most of these mom and pop stores that sold major units first week and will continue to sell units DONT soundscan as well. I have said it before and I will say it again, Cognito is an artist that reaches WAY MORE FANS than just siccness fans. You can love or hate him, BUT Strange knows exactly what they are doing with signing this guy for the LONG RUN. I understand there are a bunch of unsigned rappers in these threads that hate and sit around holding each others dicks all day BUT when someone like Cognito sells and attracts the bitches AS WELL, he will continue to sell and sell and sell. Strange knows it aint about topping all these other major labels with first week sales. 6 months down the road Cog will have STACKED plenty of units sold so quit hating. Keep in mind Stevie Stone and Cognito are very close homies so I dont understand why people in these threads always act like they compete or that Stevie has any plans of trying to get Cog booted off the label so he can join Strange. I know for a fact Stevie called Cog the day automatic dropped and told him he just bought a copy and that the album was so crazy and he couldn't stop knocking it. I was on the phone with Cog when he did. Haters you better keep hating because Cognito aint going anywhere. Strange will make sure of that.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Keep in mind Stevie Stone and Cognito are very close homies
Interesting considering they walk past each other at the shows like they've never met each other.

Cognito must have been too busy doing promo to talk to his close homie.

I saw them standing around while guests got autographs and such, but never did they put off the appearance of being close.

Maybe they were at odds that day. I'm not too sure.

I'm not gonna hate on Cognito because I spent extensive time with him during the stop they made in my town on the K.O.D. Tour, but I know regardless of your affiliation and extensive life in the game that your words are inflated.

All due respect to you and whatever it is that you do, of course.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I'm just giving the guy some good, old fashioned heat.

They may be really good friends, but I never caught on to that during the course of the day.

I also didn't even know Cognito was Cognito. He was stapling posters and I assume "paying dues" and I just thought he was a new member of the road crew at the time until he came into the meet and greet to sign autographs for folks.

Oct 6, 2008
Hold the fuck up...that's just a low blow man. The dude is by far not even close to being as bad as Graveplott...for the record, The Plott Thickens was the only album I haven't pre-ordered in the last 3 years. That's how bad that thing was.
You really didn't like that album? With you're juggalo-ness it seemed like it'd be right up your alley... The jam with Spice 1 was dope.

Different strokes for different folks I guess...

Oct 6, 2008
And the album wasn't too too bad..

It needed more time I felt.. More promotion.. A fuckin' video for sure..

I hope they use "Born 2 Be Fly" (and make a video) and not fuckin' sit on it...

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Are you talking about The Plot Thickens or Automatic in terms of needing more promo and a video? *Scratches Head*

Oct 25, 2006
I still listen to G-Shit on a daily (or almost daily) basis. Even though the beat wasn't the best in the world, it definitely had a head-bobbing feel to it, that and Kutt ripped it.