Audio recording/mixdown

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

EAT

May 14, 2002
I"m planning on using my analog mackie 1402 for recording audio tracks to cubase or some other sequencing program. I would use the mixer to set levels the best I can BEFORE sending them into the computer. My question is: with an audio interface, can I run the final recorded tracks BACK into the mixer for final mixdown, and then BACK into the computer for a master copy? Can a program like cubase or logic assign different tracks to multiple outputs on an audio interface? How do you guys do your mixes? do you mix them using your software mixer? do you use a digital mixer? thanks in advance...... ***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************&**************

Apr 25, 2002
huh?
i'm too tired to read this right

but for the final mixdown, create a new track...record enable it

connect a cable from your interface output, to your mixxer input, and one from your mixxer output, to your interface input, record the track(your new mix version) and then erase the track you had PRE-Double outted mixxer or whatever lol
i use an outboard mixxerr, software mixxer is cool tho', digital mixxer if you need automation, saved mixxer settings etc...

lol good thing to do if you have an analog mixxer, keep a polaroid camera around and take a pic of your settings, write what session it was on the back of hte picture!!!

Apr 25, 2002
EAT said:
I"m planning on using my analog mackie 1402 for recording audio tracks to cubase or some other sequencing program. I would use the mixer to set levels the best I can BEFORE sending them into the computer. My question is: with an audio interface, can I run the final recorded tracks BACK into the mixer for final mixdown, and then BACK into the computer for a master copy? Can a program like cubase or logic assign different tracks to multiple outputs on an audio interface?
You can do that with a mutli-channel audio interface, yes.

Aug 12, 2002
I you want to do it that way, look into a Delta1010 or Cport DSP 2000. Both are good rackmount soundcards with 8 ins/outs. With the Cport, it is a modular system, so if you needed more than 8 stereo in or outs, you could daisy chain another unit for more.

-=bumpus=-

Apr 25, 2002
bumpus said:
I you want to do it that way, look into a Delta1010 or Cport DSP 2000. Both are good rackmount soundcards with 8 ins/outs. With the Cport, it is a modular system, so if you needed more than 8 stereo in or outs, you could daisy chain another unit for more.
I addition to that, you can have multiple M-Audio Delta units installed too. I highly recommend the Delta 1010. The converters are very clean and you'll get 1-2ms latency.

EAT

May 14, 2002
thanks for responding; I'm prolly gone pick up the 1010 although it costs a pretty penny. I actually answered my own question afterwards by going to www.tweakheadz.com, It's really informative and its been a lot of help. LATES snackers.

EAT

May 14, 2002
thanks for responding; I'm prolly gone pick up the 1010 although it costs a pretty penny. I actually answered my own question afterwards by going to www.tweakheadz.com, It's really informative and its been a lot of help. LATES snackers. stay striddnapped