ASTROS VS. WHITE SOX

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Guillen walked away from the Marlins after they won didn't he?? Anyways congrats White Sox, it was enjoyable watchin them in the playoffs.

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
Rich said:
Guillen walked away from the Marlins after they won didn't he?? Anyways congrats White Sox, it was enjoyable watchin them in the playoffs.
I wouldn't call leaving a team as a 3rd base coach to be the manager of the team you played most of your career with walking away.

It is funny how when they were losing their division lead that he said he would retire if they won it all.

I would be really sad to see him go.

May 6, 2002
Congrats to Tech, the White Sox, and all of Chicago.
Great team you guys have. Unbelievable pitching staff and consistent hitters.

For what its worth (not much), at least my Angels tok one game from you guys and gave more hell to the Sox than any other team. Maybe the second best team this year.

Anyways, enjoy your championship and see you next year.

Jan 4, 2003
AC Transit said:
that series was wack

don't think anyone outside of houston and chicago really cared about it

happy to see J Dye win MVP
I'm just glad we didn't have to see the yankees or the red sox in it this yr.... Yeah Jermaine Dye deserved it

Jun 18, 2004
Props to Dye! But honestly, I don't think this was the best team...much like the recent previous winners of the fall classic, this is a testament to the fact that it is not about the best team during the first 162 games of the season, but rather the best team during the last 3 seriesesssess...in this case 12 games...much props to the chisox...SFGiants are next!

Nov 1, 2004
Even though it was a sweep, it was an exciting series because all 4 games were close at the end of each game. It could have gone either way but the white sox came clutch in the final innings and finished em off.

Props to south side chi-town

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
The Angels were the toughest team we faced in the playoffs for sure. They scared me the most. If Colon could have gone for them it may have been a difference maker, but thats the breaks.

We were the second best team in baseball through 162 games and now the best team in baseball at the end of the season. Although, if you told me we would have gone 11-1 in the playoffs on our way to a world championship I would have thought you were crazy.

May 15, 2002
World Series is lowest-rated ever

October 27, 2005
NEW YORK (AP) -- The Chicago White Sox's first world championship in 88 years was also the lowest-rated World Series ever.

Chicago's four-game sweep of the Houston Astros averaged an 11.1 national rating with a 19 share on Fox. That's down about 7 percent from the previous low, an 11.9 with a 20 share for the 2002 World Series between the Anaheim Angels and the San Francisco Giants.

While the 2002 World Series, which went seven games, rated higher overall, it was only averaging an 11.0 through four games.

ADVERTISEMENT

This year was a drop of almost 30 percent from last year's series, in which the Boston Red Sox swept the St. Louis Cardinals for their first title in 86 years. That had a 15.8 rating with a 25 share.

Wednesday night's 1-0 Chicago win had a 13.0 preliminary national rating with a 21 share. It was the highest-rated prime-time show on Fox since the final of ``American Idol'' in May, but still not enough to save the series from being the lowest-rated.

Despite rating so low in comparison to other World Series, the four games of this series were each the highest rated prime-time network programs on their respective nights.

Kreep

Sicc OG
May 18, 2004
Congrats to the White Sox for winning the World Series, their pitching staff was dominant all throughout the playoffs. And props to Jermaine Dye, he definitly deserved to win MVP. Gotta give it up to their coach too....Guillen is a sav