Aspiring San Jose producer looking for feedback

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 13, 2005
What's happening siccness, My name is Trav Alexander. I am originally from San Jose, CA but live now in LA working in the entertainment business. I am a TV Arts/Digital Graphics guy who had decided to pursue music on the side. I'm looking for an honest opinion on my beats. IF THEY ARE WACK, TELL ME I LIKE CRITICISM. IF THEY SLAP LET ME KNOW. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to check out my stuff. Also I do video and web work so check out both urls

Music - www.myspace.com/mrtravslaps
Video/Web/Graphics - www.myspace.com/travterrell

What you think?

What's happening siccness, My name is Trav Alexander. I am originally from San Jose, CA but live now in LA working in the entertainment business. I am a TV Arts/Digital Graphics guy who had decided to pursue music on the side. I'm looking for an honest opinion on my beats. IF THEY ARE WACK, TELL ME I LIKE CRITICISM. IF THEY SLAP LET ME KNOW. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to check out my stuff. Also I do video and web work so check out both urls

Music - www.myspace.com/mrtravslaps
Video/Web/Graphics - www.myspace.com/travterrell

What you think?
www.408inc.com << lock that in...you really need to be there and stay connected with the area.

I will check out your production as well. Can you send your links to: [email protected]

Nov 13, 2005
Alright. Ill mess with it and see whats up. Im not an engineer so maybe its mixing and mastering that is needed. I put up a variety of tracks to show some variation. Some of the beats are R&B & Pop too. THANKS FOR THE HONEST FEEDBACK

Nov 13, 2005
Thanks for the support y'all. I got some patnas who rap from LA and Connecticut who I am trying to put the music out with right now. I'M NOT HYPHY but I do make music that will inspire that if you know what I mean. I'm not tryna be regional. I think especially in the Bay we need to focus more on lyrics and expand our views on music. Living outside San Jose for 5 years now I see that we at times get caught up in our own culture without being able to properly expose the masses to it in doses. I feel like I may have found a way to do so. Definitely down to network I am definitely a rookie.

Jan 27, 2009
I'm sure you know about Licensing, right? Cause I hear these beats in movies. That San Jo beat is ready to go. Just find someone to rap to it.

Nov 13, 2005
Do you mean as if I license them to be in movies or that they sound like movie beats? I don't sample, but I do grab inspiration from movies as well as many other outlets I have had in life.

Nov 13, 2005
Good look. Sorry, don't mean to be rude at all. I am very sensitive about sampling because I feel like few people sample properly and most people who do do it because they don't have the creativity to be original.