Ask the experts: Who has more talent, the Raiders or 49ers?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2006
Ask the experts: Who has more talent, the Raiders or 49ers?
BAY AREA NEWS GROUP
Posted: 06/01/2009 04:22:47 PM PDT
Updated: 06/01/2009 09:53:53 PM PDT

The Raiders. Quarterbacks JaMarcus Russell and Jeff Garcia have more promise and/or acumen than Shaun Hill and Alex Smith. The Raiders' running back committee of Darren McFadden, Justin Fargas and Michael Bush has the ability to give them more than Frank Gore (for all his heart) gives the 49ers. Zach Miller is a more reliable pass catcher than Vernon Davis. They have one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL in Nnamdi Asomugha. And their kicking game is superior.

— Gary Peterson, columnist

i'm just saying. let the games begin!

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Yet no mention of wide receivers or linebackers. And kicking game superior? So Joe Nedney is just a turd eater huh? That 4 sentence paragraph is laughable at best.

Dec 2, 2006
other than willis, you guys arent good at the linebacker position. morrison and howard definately take this. receivers arent proven so there is no need to speak on it. nedney is not better than janokowski. lechler, lol. it is a lansdslide, but let yall tell it.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
i knew "proven" would only come up when talking about the niners. What did the raiders prove at all last year, with any of those players? Only Zach Miller has proved hes better than Vernon Davis. Jamarcus hasnt proved much, and Shaun Hill had a similar, if not better season (and hes 7-3) as a starter.

So really, there can't be much of a comparison, and in fact what he wrote is pure opinion cuz "proven" doesnt mean anything, as the Niners were better than the raiders last year. If we're talking about the future, thats nothing but speculation. Which means I could believe Shaun Hill will be better than JR, Gore and Glen Coffee will outrun Bush, McFadden, Fargas, etc. It really doesnt mean shit.

and Nedney had 30 more points while making 5 more fg's.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Recievers arent proven? I guess Isaac Bruce has never done shit then eh lol. Nedney is more reliable than Janokowski, the 1 advantage seabass has over nedney is leg strenght, Nedney is more accurate, a better pressure kicker, and a better onside kicker, and Andy Lee is about even with Lechler, Lee is also younger.

Takeo Spikes isnt good? umm yeah no... Manny Lawson will have a breakout year this year too just watch. Justin Smith > Any Raider DL. Our OL > Raider OL

i wonder who these so called experts are lmao

Dec 2, 2006
dont forget touchbacks, and lechler being the best punter in the league, period. i've been saying all along the niners arent that good and will probably start the season 1-6. no hating, you guuys have a tough schedule.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Raiders had (besides Zach Milller, who doesnt count cuz hes a TE), 1 reciever with more than 20 catches, Niners had 5.

edit: I'll let u have better punter, haha, although Andy Lee was our fucking pro bowl representative a couple years ago.

Mar 18, 2003
1. Who?
2. The article suggests the Raiders have more talent, but not that they are a better team. A player/team is only as good as their performance, not ability.
3. With the exception of Garcia (who very well may not start) the Raiders had all of that last year and they blew shit.
4. The article sums up the Raiders defense by naming one player.
5. The article summed up the Raiders Quarterbacks/offense without naming a single wide receiver.
6. Gary who?

Jan 2, 2003
Recievers arent proven? I guess Isaac Bruce has never done shit then eh lol. Nedney is more reliable than Janokowski, the 1 advantage seabass has over nedney is leg strenght, Nedney is more accurate, a better pressure kicker, and a better onside kicker, and Andy Lee is about even with Lechler, Lee is also younger.

Takeo Spikes isnt good? umm yeah no... Manny Lawson will have a breakout year this year too just watch. Justin Smith > Any Raider DL. Our OL > Raider OL

i wonder who these so called experts are lmao
issac bruce is 59...fuck outta here..

takeo spikes aint takeo spikes in the bills.

fuck outta here

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
1. Who?
2. The article suggests the Raiders have more talent, but not that they are a better team. A player/team is only as good as their performance, not ability.
3. With the exception of Garcia (who very well may not start) the Raiders had all of that last year and they blew shit.
4. The article sums up the Raiders defense by naming one player.
5. The article summed up the Raiders Quarterbacks/offense without naming a single wide receiver.
6. Gary who?
hahahahahah nice

Dec 2, 2006
i'm not denying we had a poor year at reciever. i'm just saying that the raiders have more talent than the niners. when was the last time you guys made the playoffs? end of who's better conversation. we both are looking up but the raiders are more talented as of now.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
So what are u saying?

In what way are the raiders better than the niners?

Raiders have had the worst record for a 6 year period, ever.

"Talent" is subjective, its an opinion. Until the Raiders make the playoffs, and the Niners dont, then u can say they're better.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
issac bruce is 59...fuck outta here..

takeo spikes aint takeo spikes in the bills.

fuck outta here
Isaac Bruce the "59 year old" put up better numbers than the Raider #1 WR and was paid less.

Takeo Spikes aint Takeo Spikes in the Bills I agree but

2008 San Francisco 49ers 96 Tackles 1.0 Sack 6 PD 3 INT 1 FF 1 Fumble Recovered

2004 Buffalo Bills 96 Tackles 3.0 Sacks 11 PD 5 3INT 0 FF 0 Fumble Recovered

See, with the Niners he played a different Role than in Buffalo, and still put up good numbers, same amount of tackles, 2 more sacks, 5 more passes defended, 2 more interceptions, and 1 less fumble forced and 1 less fumble recovered...

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
QB = Raiders
RB = 49ers
WR = 49ers
TE = 49ers
OL = 49ers
DL = Raiders
LB = 49ers
CB = Raiders
S = Draw
K = Draw
P = Draw
Coaching = 49ers

Dec 2, 2006
i'm saying the niners arent any better than the raiders no matter how much you guys want to lie to yourself. i'm saying the raiders look to be in a better position going into this year. i'm saying the raiders have addressed needs this offseason. i'm saying you guys will suck.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
i'm saying the niners arent any better than the raiders no matter how much you guys want to lie to yourself. i'm saying the raiders look to be in a better position going into this year. i'm saying the raiders have addressed needs this offseason. i'm saying you guys will suck.
That's what has been said every season and still the Raiders do worse. :ermm: